Help with drum heads please!!

Clcox3

I have a pearl export series drum set that I used to play before I bought my new set. I want to put new heads on it soon but wondered if anybody knew what would be the best heads to get the best sound out of it since it is a lower grade pearl set.

I have a pearl export series drum set that I used to play before I bought my new set. I want to put new heads on it soon but wondered if anybody knew what would be the best heads to get the best sound out of it since it is a lower grade pearl set.

Best heads for what kind of music?

Generally speaking, buy the best sounding heads for any drum, no matter what grade it is. A well chosen, well-tuned head can make a CB or Pulse sound pretty decent.

Try Evans clear G2 over G1 on the toms. I like an Evans EQ3 for the bass drum batter.

Try Evans clear G2 over G1 on the toms. I like an Evans EQ3 for the bass drum batter.

What he said. It's what I run, good for nearly any drum.

The only problem with 2 ply heads is if your like me and find them too dead, then what, at least with a singly ply head if you find it too resonant you can add a moon jell or a control ring.

Back