What hi hat stand do you use?

zerodragunov

Im looking into buying a hi hat stand, probably iron cobra but im not sure really yet. Just wondering what you guys use?

Do you iron cobra users have the regular chain ones or the one with the kevlar strap. If so do you know the difference between them. Which would you recommend?

Do you iron cobra users have the regular chain ones or the one with the kevlar strap. If so do you know the difference between them. Which would you recommend?

the kevlar strap one is better. The Lever glide (the one i use, and the higher end one) uses the strap. the Velo glide uses the chain. the Velo is still a very nice high hat. but the level gldie i find is smoother and quicker

read up at http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/hardware_sub.php?year=2008&id=2&area=2 for more info on Tama stuff (link is to high hat stands)

I went cheap and got just a simple Gibraltar
it works great
I really see no need for a really expensive one
they all pretty much feel the same to me

A single braced Yamaha stand. What would currently be a Yamaha 740. Steve Gadd used the same basic model, and I never heard him complain about his hi-hat stand, so I thought I'd give it a try myself. My DW 5000 was nice enough, but a little too heavy. The Yamaha does the job perfect. Bought mine "used" off eBay.

I used a second-hand yamaha 700 series mainly as its single braced so lightweight and it smooth enough for me, too smooth and it just dont feel right for me.

A single braced Yamaha stand. What would currently be a Yamaha 740. Steve Gadd used the same basic model, and I never heard him complain about his hi-hat stand, so I thought I'd give it a try myself. My DW 5000 was nice enough, but a little too heavy. The Yamaha does the job perfect. Bought mine "used" off eBay.

Bingo - the same as me. Yamaha hardware is so nice, you cant beat their stands at all. Their only downside is the clamps are a bit weak so i use pearl for those.

For me Pearl hardware always seems to be the best and last the longest.

Tama Road Pro....Bought it when I sold my Taye set with all of the hardware.

Back