Jack Sperling

We need Jack Sperling on this forum, check him out on you tube, a great drummer who is not with us anymore

I remember him from Mancini 67 (I think). He had some very unusual ideas which I have never heard since....

fully agree

can you pick out Jack in this cast of characters ?

or this one

Listen to Jack with Bobby Darin on "Lover Come Back To Me" , "That Funny Feeling", "Once in a LifeTime", "Hello Young Lovers" just to name a few..Great drumming..There doesn't appear to be much of him playing on youtube.

Drummer Jack Sperling… would really like to see drummer Jack Sperling in the list of drummers on drummerworld.com. He is a fantastic drummer with Jackie Gleason and Sammy Spear’s orchestra and also with a small group with clarinetist Pete fountain and countless other recordings. Has anyone else heard of Jack Sperling?

YES ! I met Jack Sperling. My Dad was a drummer and he was good friends with Jack. Jack came over to our house for dinner a couple of times when I was a teenager. I watched Jack play with the band a couple of times. He was a very good drummer and a real nice guy.

Here is a picture of Jack and my Dad from about 1978. Jack is the one on the left.

File1077b.jpg

I had never heard of him til yesterday, i was watching Weckls "sessions" video with Dom and he said Sperling was the guy he listened to and could figure out parts and started him on his journey.. i need to check out some of his music. :)

P.S. only took 51 years but i am really starting to turn into a Weckl fanatic... his live streams on sundays are nice also :)

Nice to finally know who played the best 2 minutes of drumming I've ever heard on Bobby Darin's Charade.

Back