Questions about lesser known pedals?

dorfmeister

I am curious if anyone has any experience with the Taye Metalworks TMW2010

tmw2010.jpg

or the DDRUM Vinnie Paul Bass Drum Pedal

hd_hero_vpdbp1_lg.jpg

These look pretty impressive but I wonder how they stack up to the DW9000 pedal and the Iron Cobra?

i've seen nothing but good reviews on the TAYE pedals over the last few years. go for it if it feels good to your foot.

Pedals are like shoes. If your foot likes it, that's what you should play. I was told this as a child but of course, over time I became concerned with "re-sale" value, or "if I sit in everybody uses such-and-such...." etc. Bollocks. Play what you like. Those look like great pedals - try 'em both out and see which one you play better. With some of the DDrum stuff being questionable drum-wise, that Vinnie Paul pedal looks like it will take a pretty good beating.

I must admit though, the Vinnie Paul pedal looks narrow and short. For such a big guy, I'd think he'd want something bigger than a Tama Speed Cobra! Maybe the picture is deceiving ;)

Both look like excellent pedals but i wouldn't give a dollar for either one without trying them out first.

The Taye pedal has got some decent to good reviews. I really haven't heard anything about the V.Paul pedal although i agree with Bo in that it does like a very sturdy pedal. Which ever one you get i hope it works for ya!!

Back