Looking To Buy An Electronic Kit

EMingoy

I know nothing about the electronic kits so don't laugh at my question. I play double bass so in order to buy an electronic kit, do I have to look for one with a double bass pedal or can I just add my Iron Cobra to it and it'll pick it up? I don't understand how the pedals work but I do need a kit with double bass. Do you recommend any specific kits to me?
Thanks a ton.

I know nothing about the electronic kits so don't laugh at my question. I play double bass so in order to buy an electronic kit, do I have to look for one with a double bass pedal or can I just add my Iron Cobra to it and it'll pick it up? I don't understand how the pedals work but I do need a kit with double bass. Do you recommend any specific kits to me?
Thanks a ton.

As long as the e-kick drum is large enough to allow a dbl. pedal setup (and most of them are)...you can just use your (or any) dbl. pedal...I'm not quite sure what you meant when you said:.."I don't understand how the pedals work but I do need a kit with double bass."..so you may have to better explain that statement...as far as kits go..it really depends on how much you want to spend...both Yamaha and Roland make decent kits at several price points...if you're wanting to spend under $1500, I'd recommend the yamaha DTXpress IV V2 or the roland td-9 [non-mesh] (I prefer the yamaha, but both kits are decent)...over $1500..I really like the yamaha DTXtreme IIISP ($2799-$2999)..there's also the Yamaha DTX900 ($4399-$5399), Roland TD-12 ($3299) or Roland TD-20($6999)...of those four the DTXtreme IIISP is the best bang for the buck IMO...my least fav. woud be the TD-12...just so you know the DTXtreme III is a discontinued kit, hence the lower price..so if you were to get one of those kits you would probablyhave to buy fairly soon...the DTX900 series kits replaced this kit..:)

The TD12 would have a big enough head for a double bass. Or you could buy a cheaper ekit and just upgrade the kick drum. I have a TD12 and love it.

Your post is also in the wrong place. It should be in other Gear, which is where the elecy drummers hang out.

Davo

Back