DW 9000 bass pedal question!!

RDrums99

hey guys i have a quick question. I'm in the market for a new pedal and I really like the 9000. I noticed on Iron Cobra, or Pearl Eliminator, the top of the pedal has like a foot stopper for the top of your foot. Does DW have one of these for the 9000 pedal that can be put on? Can the Iron Cobra or Pearl on fit it? Thanks for the help!

Personally I've never liked toe stops, I always took them off. There is not one available for the 9000 as far as I can see looking at the sheet that came with mine and looking at DW website. Only for the 5000 and 7000.

Go with the 9000. As far as durability, response, and feel - no other brand compares to it.

Yeah the 9000 comes with (uninstalled) toe stoppers but good luck trying to put them on. You need to remove the screw, end nut/bolt from the top of the footboard (which also secures the chain drive to the footplate). This is beyond impossible unless you take a power drill and plough through the whole assembly then replace the metal you destroy!

Yeah the 9000 comes with (uninstalled) toe stoppers but good luck trying to put them on. You need to remove the screw, end nut/bolt from the top of the footboard (which also secures the chain drive to the footplate). This is beyond impossible unless you take a power drill and plough through the whole assembly then replace the metal you destroy!

I was able to totally disassemble mine without a drill. I did find that a screwdriver bit in a ratchet worked very well and nothing was stripped or ruined when I was done.. The screws are held in with loctite.

Just curious to know what people are paying for this in US stores (if I were go jump on ebay and make an offer).

Back