Which Zen?

Guz2

I'm gonna upgrade from my Sony MP3 to a creative Zen...But is it worth spending a bit more on the Creative Zen XF-I? What extra features does it have? Cheers

forget these crappy mp3s and get an ipod

I m not sure about the new Zen, but I ve had the Zen Sleek, Zen Vision, and the cheaper 4gb one and I m never getting another Creative again....They dont have Playforsure, so I-tunes was a pain in the ass, they re harder to get accessories for. I couldnt get a car dock in the U.S. so I had to order it from overseas. It took about 3 months to get. I recently cracked the screen on the Vision and where I ve had Apple repair an Ipod, Creative would have nothing to do with it. The thing was less than a year old, cost over $350 and its now worthless. I can run it through my computer but even that gives me problems.

Get an Ipod!!! You ll be happy with it.

I have had a Zen Nano Plus, and that one was great and reliable untill my wife dropped it.

Now I have a Zen Stone Plus and it's not nearly as good as the Nano, it sometimes just blocks and has to be reset and stuff. Irritating.

Ok, thanks for the help. Would anyone recomend the new iPos Nano?

I was thinking of the 16gb...But is it worth the extra 39 quid?

It depends how many songs, videos, and pictures you are gonna have on it. Go to apples website and research it

I have a zen x-fi and a couple ipods.

Let me state without reservation, the sound of the zen x-fi *destroys* ipods and the rest. It's not even close.

The x-fi crystal eq really enhances the treble, in most cases. Some instances it will over do it , but 90% of the time it's amazing.

The X-fi also enhances left/right channel separation in a way that no other mp3 player does.

I have listened on a variety of headphones ranging up to $1,100 a pair (ultimate ears) and the x-fi is a hands-down winner, the REAL end of story.

www.anythingbutipod.com

I have a zen x-fi and a couple ipods.

Let me state without reservation, the sound of the zen x-fi *destroys* ipods and the rest. It's not even close.

The x-fi crystal eq really enhances the treble, in most cases. Some instances it will over do it , but 90% of the time it's amazing.

The X-fi also enhances left/right channel separation in a way that no other mp3 player does.

I have listened on a variety of headphones ranging up to $1,100 a pair (ultimate ears) and the x-fi is a hands-down winner, the REAL end of story.

www.anythingbutipod.com

Personally I got a Trekstor Vibez because it is one of the most accurate at reproducing music (both straight and what you would hear if listening to it from near or far field speakers), I have never been a big fan of sound enhancements (although at least they are moving away from just pumping the bass up and calling it an enhancement).

Personally I got a Trekstor Vibez because it is one of the most accurate at reproducing music (both straight and what you would hear if listening to it from near or far field speakers),.

I have to look that one up, never seen one. I am not a huge fan of mp3's, but what I have is 320K and some uncompressed.

The zen x-fi doesn't push up the 'loudness" contour to create thump and call it enhancement, that I like.

Portables will truly gain my favor when storage is enough to accomadate fully uncompressed audio.

Meanwhile, the x-fi is but one of many far superior alternative to the sound of an ipod.

I have to look that one up, never seen one. I am not a huge fan of mp3's, but what I have is 320K and some uncompressed.

The zen x-fi doesn't push up the 'loudness" contour to create thump and call it enhancement, that I like.

Portables will truly gain my favor when storage is enough to accomadate fully uncompressed audio.

Meanwhile, the x-fi is but one of many far superior alternative to the sound of an ipod.

More players are supporting FLAC instead of just MP3/WMA (and Vorbis to a lesser extent) which is a move in the right direction. Unfortunately it looks like the only players with the space for FLAC to be practical are players that don't support it (like the ipod classic).

By far my favorite format is Vorbis though, it is transparent at a lower bitrate than competing formats (http://www.listening-tests.info/mf-128-1/results.htm).

I like Apple hardware (excepting an iPod which broke a couple months after the warranty expired), but my next mp3 player will certainly not have a fruit logo on the back of it. The reason? ITunes. I hate that little bit of software. It makes some things so hard that should be so easy. I know a lot of people that don't mind it, but a word of warning - it's not for me.

TrekStor vibez Portable 16GB MP3 Player (Black)
$199

41T3FdiU2YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Full color TFT 1.5 inch display, with 176 X 132 pixels / 16 GB Capacity holds up to 4000 Songs
Supports MP3 WMA WAV OGG and FLAC / DRM (Digital Rights Management) WMA-DRM9, WMA-DRM10 (Janus) M3U-Playlist WPL-Playlist Replaceable lithium ion high-performance battery features 20 hours of uninterrupted music playback.

At 200 MHz, the computing strength of vibez is so powerful that you can cross-fade two songs or automatically sort images according to their recording data (EXIF). The Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connection ensures that your images and songs will be transferred to vibez reliably and fast.

TrekStor vibez Portable 16GB MP3 Player (Black)
$199

41T3FdiU2YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Full color TFT 1.5 inch display, with 176 X 132 pixels / 16 GB Capacity holds up to 4000 Songs
Supports MP3 WMA WAV OGG and FLAC / DRM (Digital Rights Management) WMA-DRM9, WMA-DRM10 (Janus) M3U-Playlist WPL-Playlist Replaceable lithium ion high-performance battery features 20 hours of uninterrupted music playback.

At 200 MHz, the computing strength of vibez is so powerful that you can cross-fade two songs or automatically sort images according to their recording data (EXIF). The Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connection ensures that your images and songs will be transferred to vibez reliably and fast.

I JUST REALISED THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY THAT I BOUGHT AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE FROM THAT STOPPED WORKING THE 3RD TIME I USED IT! Seems like an alright player but i am soo boycotting this brand after that waste of £35.

I JUST REALISED THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY THAT I BOUGHT AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE FROM THAT STOPPED WORKING THE 3RD TIME I USED IT! Seems like an alright player but i am soo boycotting this brand after that waste of £35.

That sucks! :(

I worry about the no-name stuff, especially stuff that is on sale at computer shows. Names like Coby and sanimachibishiha or whatever...there are a hundred of them. I have had no issues with the Zen, and no regrets.

So when I get my new mp3 player, what brand is best? This might be worthy of a poll. I looked at a Memorex 8gb for $100 the other day.Anybody know about this brand? They re a pretty well known name but not exactly *high-end* as so it seems.

Apple seemed a little more compatible, easier to find acces. for, and better customer service. The Creatives sounded better but they ve left a sour "crab-apple" taste in my mouth as far as tech. ease and cust.service...

I ve looked at the Zune, but they re pretty costly, so what makes them need a higher price when compared to the others?

I just want something that sounds good, is easy to work with, and wont cost me an arm n a leg then screw me over when a problem arises(like the Zens have)...and I m gonna have to stay away from that Sanamachbihishiha brand. (thx Trick)lol

I just want something that sounds good, is easy to work with, and wont cost me an arm n a leg then screw me over when a problem arises(like the Zens have)...

What problems do the zens have ? Older zens?

On this deployment, we have 6 people with zens...zero issues.

Back