Promark 808 vs Regaltip 9a

ulubatli

Hi guys,

I'm on the search for an all-around versatile stick. I was looking for a stick with a barrel shaped or round tip, 16" long and somewhat thicker than a 5a.
I 'm left with promark 808 and regaltip 9a choices but I can't find them anywhere near and didn't get the chance to try either of them.
I want a stick with a thin neck so I can get better articulation on the cymbals with the round tip with a light touch. I want to hear your ideas on which would be a better fit for what I'm looking for so I can try to get them ordered to the local stores.

Hello!

Don Click with Pro-Mark here. If you are looking for a stick that is slightly larger than a 5A, I would also recommend you look at the TX721BW the Marco Minnemann signiture stick. Its .590" in diameter (compared to a 5A which is .551" in diameter) and is 16" long. You mention the TX808W, which is .579" in diameter.

I would suggest you look on the promark.com website and search those particular models. Our website is set up to where you can "Buy it Now" from dealers that have all of our products in stock!

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Don

I've used the 808s with nylon tips, both hickory and oak, nearly exclusively since 1991. I swear by 'em.

Hi Don,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I've found out about 808 model from the promark website. It's just that thicker sticks tend to have thicker necks as well, what I'm looking for is a stick with a thick grip but thin neck. Many people recommended regaltip's 9As for that but I've always been very happy with promark sticks and looking for a similar stick from promark's line.
I'll definetly check out your recommendation though.
I'd still appreciate any further input :)

Back