Double Pedals

heirapparent

Hey, I'm currently looking to upgrade my double pedal (and kit), because I've had both for ages, and they are both terrible..

Since I'm hoping to get a kit with two bass drums, Does anyone know any brand of double pedal that can also be used as two single pedals? Because when I'm using my kit, I'd need to singles, but for gigs and stuff, I'd need to change it to a double.

But yeah, anyone know if this is possible?

Demon Drive, Axis and possibly Trick (never played them, but i think i recall reading that on the forums.....will need some confirmation on that though)

I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Cheers for that, but they're all a bit out of my price range :(
Do you know if any dw double pedals do it, or potentially could do it?

The DD's and Axis are an easy conversion. I'm sure there's more pedals that have the ability to split the slave into a pedal in it's own right, but it will usually entail a bit of work to do it (removing the cam shaft to swap the beater assembly etc).

Personally, I'm not that familiar with anything outside of those I've listed. Fear not though, others will be able to give you the skinny.

I'm pretty sure a friend of mine owns a set of 5000s that could be used as two singles... but I'm not positive.

Your best bet would be going to try out double pedals anyways and inspecting all the little features of them yourself wherever you can shop for drum equipment in your area. That's your best bet in finding an affordable pedal you like anyways, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Yamaha Flying Dragons (old design, they're no longer produced unfortunately) can be split without much hassle, as well as higher end DW pedals (this includes 5000, 8000 and 9000).

Back