Custom sticks made from sample?

DaveTheNerd

Years ago I fell in love with Cappella's wood tip 5A sticks (which became their 5B's, but I digress), so much so that I became one of their "endorsed" artists (in that I bought my sticks direct from them in bulk). About 5 years ago Cappella went out of business at which point I bought out everything they would sell me. Now, though, my last box of sticks is… running dry. I don't know what to do...

I hate the idea of searching for a new favorite stick and still have some "pristine" samples of my cherished Cappellas. Any custom manufacturers out there that might be able to help?

What are the exact dimensions of the stick?

Chances are there is already a model from the 10 different manufacturers that matches your specs and would be much easier than getting them custom made.

I don't have any suggestions on manufacturers for custom sticks.

What are the exact dimensions of the stick?

Chances are there is already a model from the 10 different manufacturers that matches your specs and would be much easier than getting them custom made.

Good point. Hey, I'm open to anything. They are 16" long and somewhere between 9/16" and 5/8" wide. The taper starts at about the 13.5" mark down to about 1/4" wide right before the ~1/2" bead. Is there somewhere I can look to begin comparing?

Have fun. :)

:) Thanks for the links. A few of them show the taper, but not in detail. And this is what was so frustrating last time around (i.e. 20 years ago). I think I'll continue searching for a custom maker... but at least you've opened my eyes to the possiblity of using something else if I can't get the custom ones made.

Back