Led Zeppelin is Rediculous.

M

Mark Ahle

I'm 16. My dad brought me up listening to all the classic guys...The Who, Floyd, Allmans, Free, Bad Company...You get it. And I've always been into Zep. but the other day my dad gave me a whole stack of Zep CD's. L.Z. 1, 2, 3, and Houses of the Holy. Wow. I had really only listened to their hits before this, but when I ran through the whole CD on my dads Altec Lancing Model 19's, I realized something. EVERY SONG on their albums are absolutly amazing. These days, it's all about the HIt. Bands put out CD's with 1 Hit, and then 11 filler songs that suck. But Zep is something else. So innovative-so original. True Art. So far, I have ran through Led Zeppelin 1, 2, and Houses of the Holy, the latter being my favorite. These guys really blow my mind everytime I listen to them. I just thought I'd tell someone about my new found appreciation for the most influential band of all time.

-MA

I think the appropriate word for Led Zeppelin is: Great.
Not ridiculous.

We had some bands in our time like that. My age is the same as your, just reverse the numbers. There were a bunch of one-hit wonders. It was about Money. Other bands like Led, and the Beatles, and The Who and others had some integrity and put out many great albums. You found a great group, bow get back to listening to those CD's.

Wait till you listen to physical graffitti, their best album IMO. This is cool because I remember the 1st time I figured it out too I was about 16 as well.

Some people tend to overlook - Presence - due to Physical Graffitti hit, but it's an excellent album as well.

Awesome band. For me, it doesn't get any better than Zepp.......hands down favourite. My username is my witness!

Page, my all time fav guitarist. His playing still sends shivers down my spine.
Jones, tell me what drummer wouldn't want this guy grooving along in the pocket with you??
Plant, hmmmm....I'm still dirty on him for not wanting to follow on with a world tour (now THAT is ridiculous!!).......For christ sake Percy, your fans are calling!!
AND Bonham, well, 'nuff said!

Many years of listening pleasure in store for you....enjoy!!

Timeless masterpieces! This is a band that future generations will continue to love. I'm 31 and discovered Zep when I was maybe 10? I heard Kashmir on the radio. It was all over for me after that.

They have some pretty good tunes, but for me, they can never stand up to Deep Purple. Just my personal opinion. Maybe they wouldve made more great tunes if Bonham had'nt died.

They have some pretty good tunes, but for me, they can never stand up to Deep Purple. Just my personal opinion. Maybe they wouldve made more great tunes if Bonham had'nt died.

Great band indeed - especially 'Mark II' - this was the perfect 'Purple' in my book.....but which 'mark' Purple did you prefer?

I (Evans, I think) or II (Gillan. Glover) or III (Coverdale, Hughes) or IV (Can't remember, Bolin??) Anyway, you catch my drift here. They've had that many line up changes, it can seem like totally different bands at times.

Last edited:
I don't mind Zep, it's just the jerkwad radio stations play the SAME 3 SONGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

You're tuned to one station, and it plays Black Dog. Ok, you've heard it 5 times this week. You turn to another station and guess what? They are playing Black Dog. Ahhhhh!!!!

I'd about give my left testicle to hear "Moby Dick" once in a while.

"Thank You" is far out. And it really shows how groovy Plant was when writing. It was actually the first song Page gave the writing job to Plant, and it showed the rest of the band that he can freakin' write.

This is the difference between Bands, and Artists. I'm so glad I can appreciate this stuff.

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.
My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,
Together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.
An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.
Happiness, no more be sad, happiness....I'm glad.
If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me."

-MA

An absolutely amazing band, I think is one of the most musically acomplished bands ever, true musicians with an incredible skill and feel of the music they created.

I don't mind Zep, it's just the jerkwad radio stations play the SAME 3 SONGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

You're tuned to one station, and it plays Black Dog. Ok, you've heard it 5 times this week. You turn to another station and guess what? They are playing Black Dog. Ahhhhh!!!!

I'd about give my left testicle to hear "Moby Dick" once in a while.

Ditto

When The Levee Breaks > Black Dog

I'm 16. My dad brought me up listening to all the classic guys...The Who, Floyd, Allmans, Free, Bad Company...You get it. And I've always been into Zep. but the other day my dad gave me a whole stack of Zep CD's. L.Z. 1, 2, 3, and Houses of the Holy. Wow. I had really only listened to their hits before this, but when I ran through the whole CD on my dads Altec Lancing Model 19's, I realized something. EVERY SONG on their albums are absolutly amazing. These days, it's all about the HIt. Bands put out CD's with 1 Hit, and then 11 filler songs that suck. But Zep is something else. So innovative-so original. True Art. So far, I have ran through Led Zeppelin 1, 2, and Houses of the Holy, the latter being my favorite. These guys really blow my mind everytime I listen to them. I just thought I'd tell someone about my new found appreciation for the most influential band of all time.

-MA

See I never had your problem when it came to the Zep. When I was introduced to Zeppelin I never knew what the "hits" I just listened to my dads collection of every album they produced. That is why songs like "How Many More Times" and "Misty Mountain Hop" are some of my favorite Zep songs. But overall there will never be another group of four musicians that were that good alone, and together. All four of them being top three in their respective intruments no band will every live up to the might of Page, Plant, Bonzo and JPJ

Led Zep never touched me. I can say that I am not influenced by them at all. I saw a concert DVD and liked John's relaxed grip. Other than that I could not care less. Good band though. A bit over hyped though. The best thing about them was their amazing manager.

Loved their albums, but I saw them live twice and was disappointed. From what has come out since, I imagine Page was too wasted to play.

I saw them when I was 15 at the Tarrant County Convention Center in the mid 70's. They were decent, but nothing amazing. In fact, they screwed up a song so bad, they had to start it over. I can't remember the song, though. Of course I was sitting in the nose bleed section, but still...

Great band indeed - especially 'Mark II' - this was the perfect 'Purple' in my book.....but which 'mark' Purple did you prefer?

I (Evans, I think) or II (Gillan. Glover) or III (Coverdale, Hughes) or IV (Can't remember, Bolin??) Anyway, you catch my drift here. They've had that many line up changes, it can seem like totally different bands at times.

Mark 2 ofc. Atleast Paice is the only member whos stayed through all of them(i think)

Back