Iron Cobra Powerglide VS Pearl Demon Drive Double pedals

Mulletboy

I'm Looking to buy a Double bass pedal pretty soon and can't seem to make my mind up between these 2 pedals. The demon drive seems as fast and smooth as they are marketed to be.But how great are they really? I've never been able to completely believe the pros' who are endorsed by the Brand, for obvious reasons.

The Powerglide on the otherhand seems more solid and hits the drum head with a bit more power at the same effort level. I've always had my eye on the Powerglide, but now this Demon Drive pedal has arrived, and i'm uncertain about which one will be the best in the long run.

Should i Go with the tried and tested Powerglide[ or the First generation Double Pedal - Engineering marvel that is the Demon Drive by Pearl.

Any input,info and experiences regarding these pedals are welcome.
Thanks

It's a good thing that you tested the Iron Cobra, but ultimately you will be able to decide this yourself once you've tried the Demon Drive. Chain Drive vs. Direct Drive is a big debate about which is better, but neither of them is better, it's up to the drummer's feel. Although I personally would go with the Iron Cobra, you're getting just as much pro pedal for not as much $$.

for the price of the demon drive you're probably better off going with axis...axis has really proven itself...but I would keep the iron cobra as back up, those are great pedals!

axis?
idk. i think i would rather pay a little bit extra and take the demon drive. actually better yet. the Trick Bigfoots.

If your going to drop $600+ on pedalss. id go all out and buy the best pedal that will never need to be replaced.

Back