Backing Tracks?

canada_rokzz

Is anyone using backing tracks/click tracks for live stuff? I am in a four piece band, and would like to add some instruments other than guitar ( we got two of those in the band) and have a more questions than answers.

• Where are you getting your tracks from? Torrents, websites, scratch making them...
  • Are you using mp3 mixes or some sort of recording software for playback?
  • How are you managing monitoring?

I been toying around with the idea of running a second mixer for my vocal, and my macBook pro, and a monitor mix from the main mixer. Then routing all that to the headphone jack and sending my vocal and the music portion out of the small board to the big board.

It might be more work than its worth, but that's where I am at...
Any help would be great!
Joe

I use them when I sub for my mates reggae band. They just make the tracks on garageband or logic then bounce them to mp3's. When I do a show with them I just have the mp3's on my ipod plugged into a small mixer (4ch or something) which send's it out to the FOH and my headphones. The engineer controls the level coming out the front and I control my own Headphone level. All good.

Though I think it's probably better to use a laptop and audio interface rather than your ipod however because it's a bit dodgy fiddling with the tiny wheel on the mp3 player when you're all sweaty and hyped from playing in between songs. Sometime's you might select the wrong track in front of 10,000 people >.< FML

Back