Heavy Pedals?

hotpocket

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you knew of any particularly heavy pedals. I was thinking of buying a cheap second pedal that is heavier than most pedals to use as a training pedal, with the tension maxed out to use before switching over to my main pedal to build more leg strength.

I know the DW5000 is fairly heavy, but I don't know if I can find one for that cheap. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any other cheap, heavy pedals, or if my idea is a waste of time haha.

Thanks

What pedal are you playing now?

You could try just getting a heavier beater like the DW 2 way beaters and see if that helps.

Not sure what the benefit is honestly as it will affect your feel when you go back to whatever pedal you are playing now if it's lighter..

You say you want to build strength, that can be achieved through exercises like squats,running,cycling and such. If it's speed, then practice, practice, practice.

Playing a heavier pedal will just make you accustom to heavy pedals, and switching to a light one will be awkward. It's possible that a heavier pedal will also hold back your speed. The key is to develop your technique. I recommend you get a metronome and Virgil Donati's book - db freedom.

I'm waiting on a Mapex Falcon arriving, but as of this moment my current pedal is a piece of crap that came with my old Alesis USB kit.

I think part of my problem is that the pedal I've been using is so light due to poor construction and an inability to create much tension from the stock spring has left my leg not really gaining much strength. My technique is decent enough (could be better, but it's not bad by any means), but I was just posting to see if it was a good idea to really load up on a heavy pedal, but I see it's not that great of an idea.

Just need to find my ankle weights and then throw in the 20g weights in the beaters when my new pedal arrives and I should build more strength me thinks.

Try ankle weights. They'll help you out.

- Reggae Mangle

Back