Imaginary Fusion Genres?

Migaluch

I know there is a handful of bands that fuse certain genres together to create new sounds but are there any notables that anyone could think of. I dont know much about that stuff but i think it would be neat to talk about.
And does any have any ideas/fantasies about a fusion genre?

I would like to see how Jazz and Metal would combine hehheeh!

I know there is a handful of bands that fuse certain genres together to create new sounds but are there any notables that anyone could think of. I dont know much about that stuff but i think it would be neat to talk about.

Speed Garage and Blues.

Not familiar with Jazz Metal..... but there's always Hoenig's Punk Bop.....

yeah ok, that's just a name...

Diablo Swing Orchestra and Bohren & der Club of Gore both mix metal and jazz in very interesting ways.

Mr. Bungle mixed a bunch of genres, and did them very well. You can find experimental/jazz/punk/metal/rock/oldies/etc, through their albums. A very eclectic mix. Some of it is hard to listen to at times, but very rewarding.

Mr. Bungle mixed a bunch of genres, and did them very well. You can find experimental/jazz/punk/metal/rock/oldies/etc, through their albums. A very eclectic mix. Some of it is hard to listen to at times, but very rewarding.

Mike Patton is one hell of a musician.

Look up Gordian Knot, and their album Emergent. Sean Malone is a jazz bassist playing and composing metal. It's really cool! I think Bill Bruford is playing drums on it too.

how bout Thrash-polka?

Slayer!

I've got a video of Dave Lombardo in clinic and he is describing what styles influenced his playing and says polka. He then plays (I think) Angel of Death at a much slower tempo and it is indeed a polka-inspired beat. Absolutely brilliant.

Polka! \m/

I agree with Migaluch, Jazz and Metal combined could be very interesting. Though, cover songs of mainstream music is what i like, especially if they include elements of the orginal song.

Ooh, I do this!

Me and my sister have a musical project which can be anything at all depending on the moment it's made in, tied together with Goon Show-type silly goings on.

It's called Ben & Amy (I'm Ben, by the way!).

Try it. You might like it! If not, then, why that was the idea all along, of course! You were SUPPOSED to hate it!

PS: Anyone who can name our imaginary fusion genre wins a prize.

Afrobeat death metal disco (which may be the name of the first album from my conceptual ambient-orchestral rock n' roll ska band)

Back