My Pro M's

timmdrum

Gold Member
Bad light, and taken with my mobile, but still. I took better pics with my bandmate's camera but he hasn't emailed 'em to me yet.

Mapex Pro M Fusion shell pack [I think], in Blue Ice, 10/12/14/22/14x5, w/Pro Series 10" steel aux snare

Zildjian A 16 & 18 med. crashes, 14 New Beat hihats, Sabian AA 20 med. ride, Wuhan 12 & 15 chinas, and Paiste Alpha [old series] 10 splash

Pearl Tambourine, LP rock cowbell

Gibraltar rack, Tama hardware [incl. IC pedal that isn't visible in the photos.]

Attachments

• 071109_2129[00].jpg
    071109_2129[00].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 592
  • 071109_2139[00].jpg
    071109_2139[00].jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 588
  • 071109_2140[00].jpg
    071109_2140[00].jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 591
Intersting kick angle. I take it you do that triangle thingy majiggy set up?

Umm, yeah- nearly every seated kit drummer does. What varies is what him/her considers to be the middle of the drum "realm", if you will- most ppl center everything around the BD, which is not the middle, but off to the right, 'cause [you guessed it], it's in front of your right foot. The snare is the center, usually because it's centered right in front of the player's torso. This means that most ppl's setups are 80% to the right of their center. So, I get what you meant, but it's not an interesting kick angle- it's the same as most everyone's. What's different is that I center my stuff around my center and not around the BD which is off to the right. :)

yeah well i suppose that's why so many people find it more comfortable to have their rack toms on the left of their BD. I have my kick slightly off centre too, i just had another kick for a while and didn't bother moving it back lol.

But why is your rack all to one side and the bass drum not in the middle of it. It looks as if the vertical tube of the rack is stopping the bass drum from moving away. I have never seen a bass drum not centered on, or in the rack.

But why is your rack all to one side and the bass drum not in the middle of it. It looks as if the vertical tube of the rack is stopping the bass drum from moving away. I have never seen a bass drum not centered on, or in the rack.

That's because [and I'll reword it 'cause this analogy just came to me, haha], most ppl think the BD is the "sun" of their kit "universe" that everything should be centered around. When I sit on my throne [that sounds funny] and make sure my torso isn't twisted, the snare is directly in front of me. The BD isn't. So, the rack is centered to me, 'cause my stuff is, and it's on the rack. The BD is off to the right, in front of my right foot, so yeah, the rack's not centered around the BD 'cause then most of my stuff would be over there, rather than centered in front of me.

You're right, the vertical tube could be stopping the BD, but they're not actually touching. With that rack config, the BD is sitting where that tube would ideally need to be, so that's the best I can do. Funny- the double-sided, 3-leg racks [like double BD players use] actually have just as much tubing and as many clamps as this one, so I'm gonna change it when I get the cash. Eddiehimsef hit right on it, in that my setup is like a double BD setup without the left BD.

cool looking kit, looks super comfortalbe everything real easy to reach, Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I'd been meaning to get around to it for a long time. People say "no pics, it doesn't exist" when I mention I get gear, so I put my pixels where my mouth is, haha! The setup is supremely comfortable, 'cause I'm not reaching to my right side nor twisting my torso to the right to reach nearly everything.

better pics, as promised.

Attachments

• DSCF1659.JPG
    DSCF1659.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCF1660.JPG
    DSCF1660.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF1661.JPG
    DSCF1661.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 302
Back