new snare wires?

ecpietscheck

i was thinking on pure sound snare wires since they are claimed to be the best out there
i was wondering wether to buy the steel, or copper ones?
do they really make the difference?
also
i was thinking on buying a trick snare throw off
what do you think?
thx guys!

I use Puresound copper wires on all my snares, never tried the steel sorry but the copper ones really work well & sound great. What snare is it?

The Puresound customs--which is the type most guys use--uses unplated steel strands. Compared with standard plated wires they sound noticably darker. They are also exceptionally well-made.

I use the custom 16-strand sets on all my snares these days. The reduced strand-count gives you more tone from the drum and less sympathetic buzz.

If you like 20-strand sets, consider the Pearl Ultrasound wires--they are also unplated wires and sound very much like the Puresound 20s at significantly less cost.

hey guys!
thanks for your answers
i play on my school band
there are 2 types of snares: a not to deep one, which is supposed to be loose; and one that is like 10" deep, that one is supposed to be tighten up and to cut through the sound of all other intruments
im thinking about changing my snare's wires with some puresound ones, because those are great
the stock-wires of the remo snare i play were like rubber wires
thx anyways!

Back