Glenn Kotche

handito

Hey Guys.
Happy new year to all of you! I thought it was about time to do a thread on Glenn Kotche who, in my opinion, is the greatest rock drummer today. Wilco is probably my favourite band and I am psyched to see them live next month. I think they are the perfect constellation of musicians and Jeff Tweedy's lyrics and songwriting blows my mind every time I listen to them. However, what I really like about Glenn Kotches approach to the songs is that he is not so much playing beats as he is playing compositions. Anyway, I just needed to praise him a bit on this wonderful forum of drummers :)

Indeed, Glen Kotche is one of my favorite drummers. Not so much for the stuff he does with Wilco ... but some of his solo work ... the guy definitely thinks "out side of the box" ... check out "Monkey Chant" .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmGSABX1Sg

It is about time he had a thread.

A very inventive drummer. So inspiring to watch him play.

I too love Wilco. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is a masterpiece - due in part to Glenn's playing. Lots of creativity. When I saw them live last summer, it struck me the degree to which Kotche commanded the flow and energy of the music. They're great live. You won't be disappointed.

Back