21st century schizoid man

Numberless

Platinum Member
Hey guys, here's a cover of King Crimson's 21st century I recorded last year for my friend's band's debut EP. It took a while to be released because the hurricane really messed everything up (I'm from Puerto Rico) but the boys did an excellent job getting everything in order again and it finally got released today! Check it out and you can check out the rest of the EP as well, which is all original stuff, hope you like!

https://mothspr.bandcamp.com/track/21st-century-schizoid-man-king-crimson-cover

Nice, man! What a cool tune to cover, William. I can't even imagine doing that one, but it's great.

This Your Playing forum really is a ghost town. So many posting their playing, so few comments. It's a shame, but I'm as guilty as anyone for hardly checking here.

Excellent job. Love this song.
Had seen your read when you posted but didn't get round to comment.

It took a while to be released because the hurricane really messed everything up (I'm from Puerto Rico)
I hope you & yours are all recovered to some degree William. Sterling effort given the circumstances.

Wow, the first thing that hit me was the bright tonality compared to the original. Love your playing on this - plenty of energy / tension - suits so well.

This Your Playing forum really is a ghost town. So many posting their playing, so few comments. It's a shame, but I'm as guilty as anyone for hardly checking here.
This is usually my first call section. I learn much from here - frankly, probably more than any other section of the forum. I only comment on posts where I have something positive to impart, even though that positive can occasionally be a respectful negative point.

I also hugely value any comments on my own posts here. It helps me move forward in a safe space :)

Excellent! Exemplary recording and performance. This forum has so many talented drummers - and you are one of them.

In my case, of all the world's drummers, I'm one of them. :)

GeeDeeEmm

God I love that song !
Though I wouldn't like to be asked to play it ;-)
I like the way it's been personnalised : you stay close to the original (structure, effects on the voice) but the guitare part is different. The ending is great.
It's really really a great and impressive job, congratulations ! Perfect drumming and sound.

Great job and I'm a snob when it comes to the older prog material. I guess because I'm old :)

Great playing and very well put together. Not an easy tune to tackle for sure.

Nice hearing that tune again.

Back