Stage Names?

Anne Beeche

What is your stage name (if any), and how did you get it?

A stage name doesn't have to be the name you use in a band or what your fans (if any) call you. It could be a nickname everybody just calls you, or the name you just prefer to be called by.

Anne Beeche isn't my real name. It's actually Ania Bucko, but after a childhood of "butt-hole" and "buckle my seatbelt", I got sick of it and I just don't want to see it anywhere aside from legal documents outside of highschool. I've been trying to change my name ever since I was little.

A few months ago I decided to research the meaning of my surname. It's not polish (even though I am) but I'm pretty damn sure it's related to the Slavic root 'buk', for 'beech tree'. So I translated that into English and added an 'e' on the end of it for an old-fashioned feminine celebrity feel. (Strong feminine pwns dainty feminine any day.)

And there you go, henceforth I shall be known as Anne Beeche.

Haha very nice story. Don't worry about it too much, i'm sure Jeff Buckley probably got the same thing in school as well!

As you can see, i'm EddieHimself. It's self-appointed because i just thought it seemed funny. I think it came from some character out of dirty sanchez or something.

Haha very nice story. Don't worry about it too much, i'm sure Jeff Buckley probably got the same thing in school as well!

As you can see, i'm EddieHimself. It's self-appointed because i just thought it seemed funny. I think it came from some character out of dirty sanchez or something.
He probably did. But mine's even worse since it's also an informal way to call somebody. Nice going, bucko! I get it a lot and it's really annoying.

So wait, you want critics, admirers and everybody in the world calling you Eddie Himself? If you do, that's great, but I'm just making sure you know I'm talking about stage names, not usernames.

Or the zombie?

Bermuda is more of a p/k/a (professionally known as) and Al gave it to me in 1981 when we were still young and a 'nickname' seemed cool. But it stuck, and most of my ID, credit cards and bank accounts say Jon Bermuda Schwartz, or just Bermuda Schwartz.

Bermuda is more of a p/k/a (professionally known as) and Al gave it to me in 1981 when we were still young and a 'nickname' seemed cool. But it stuck, and most of my ID, credit cards and bank accounts say Jon Bermuda Schwartz, or just Bermuda Schwartz.

Does Al have "Weird Al" on his official documents too? That would be awsome :).

I don't have a official nickname, but for some friends I am "De Sik", that's The Goatee or something in english. The 0072 behind my name is just because I used to game online with a friend who called himself Erik0072, and that was because his cousin Vincent called himself Vinnie0072. He actually wanted to be Vinnie007 (Bond..), but that name was already taken, so he put a "2" behind it. Very lame, I know.

Well i am known by and only by my last name, Pico. Which refers to a whole slur of different things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pico

So you can just imagine the other nicknames i get. But i think they're awesome. That's why i love my last name so much.

Does Al have "Weird Al" on his official documents too? That would be awsome :).

I don't have a official nickname, but for some friends I am "De Sik", that's The Goatee or something in english. The 0072 behind my name is just because I used to game online with a friend who called himself Erik0072, and that was because his cousin Vincent called himself Vinnie0072. He actually wanted to be Vinnie007 (Bond..), but that name was already taken, so he put a "2" behind it. Very lame, I know.

I've heard Gary Lee Weinrib officially changed his name to Geddy Lee.

But I don't see why Alex Zivojinovich wants to be legally named Lifeson. (besides Serbian pride of course)

Last edited:
He probably did. But mine's even worse since it's also an informal way to call somebody. Nice going, bucko! I get it a lot and it's really annoying.

So wait, you want critics, admirers and everybody in the world calling you Eddie Himself? If you do, that's great, but I'm just making sure you know I'm talking about stage names, not usernames.

Yeah pretty much. Or just Edd or Eddie. Only if i become a rockstar though.

Or the zombie?

haha yeah i remember my mate was watching the "different world" video and he's just like Eddie-why are you destroying the world! I'm not that ugly, surley :( lol

My stage name is my first name with an "s", which is my stage last name.

I'll leave it at that. ;-)

my singer is called Matt Jones. its a pretty common name so he goes under the name Django Black

i like it

mine is originally sort of nerdy with a tech' twist. MANY years ago I was playing Scrabble, had the letter 'x', and used it to spell 'xi'. While that is a letter of the Greek alphabet of course, it is also the name of a subatomic particle, which makes it a legit word for Scrabble. It was a cheap out. I got called "sly Lyle" which got slurred into Slyle for a while, then it just became Sly. It simply became what most people who knew me called me. Most of my older friends still use that nick. My nick here and elsewhere is simply a result of my original email addy 15+ years ago. 'Sly' was taken, so I thought slyone, slytwo, slythree, etc. One was available and I took it. It wasn't originally intended to have the double meaning of 'that's one sly person', but it pleasant it can go that way too. :p

There, way more than anyone really cares to know :)

Lyle

I was into rap in high school (I know, I know...). People used to ask me to freestyle at parties in late high school/early college. My stage name then was White Chocolate.

...I haven't had one since, nor do I really care to have one. One of my friends who has a performance name says that most people don't know his real name, so it's harder for people to get in touch with him with gig offers.

I was part of a group in high school for the talent shows. We played mostly comedic bluegrass kind of schtick, and the first year our name was, Culpeppers Consolidated Corn Crushin' Juggers. I played a jug and the harmonica. We had a washtub bass, banjo, and guitars. The second year when we went to the All County Finals we added a few people and became, The Revised Edition of Culpeppers Consolidated Corn Crushin' Juggers.
Since then I've just been Johnny G., G Man, G Money, G Dude, or Brother John.

lol @ That Guy.

My name is good enough to be a stage name. Richard Ray, it rolls off the tounge just right.

I've pretty much always been called Tutin. My real name is John Donald Alexander McLellan, which I always though was too long. There was some other guy who had the same first name as me that was nicknamed Tutin and when I was 4 I inherited it in the playground. Hated it for years but now I kind of dig it, mainly case it lets me have a way cool tag. I'll upload it maybe when I get the chance.

Cool idea for a thread.

At high school was El Roquero (The Rocker), at work Wild Thing Williams.

Also Hermano (Brother), Pana (Partner), Maraisa (means friend, in Indian Warao dialect).

Warao = Man of water.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Back