DW 5000 - how to fix advice

Unnamed1

Yesterday the chain on one of my (quite new) DW5000 pedals snapped where it connects to the bracket under the board. The small pin that holds the chain to this bracket just broke in half.

To fix this I bought a new chain from DW and tried to undo the screw on the pedal, only for it to completely thread the screw and make it useless. So now I have a old broken chain and a useless screw - argh!

Can anyone tell me what screw this is by any chance? I know it's a machine screw with a flat philips head, but I am not sure on the dimensions or what I need to exactly ask for when I try to replace it? I know DW do a spare part, but I really don't want to pay a fortune for a screw that is probably available from DIY etc.

Any advice would be great - thanks.

You should get a replacement part for free. Contact the manufacturer.

- Reggae Mangle

I agree, i needed a master link for the chain on mine. They sent me a new one free with a few stickers and a other stuff.

By the way, they use LocTite on all,their screws. If the head is shot, cut a slot in it with a hack saw or, use vice grips if you can.

Heat the screw up really good with a hair dryer then it will come out.

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to cut the head with a saw and screw it back into the pedal - it does look a bit messy though, so have contacted DW.

I really don't want to pay the $6 fee one of the drum shops is quoting me for a machine screw - especially as I was only trying to replace the chain, this pedal has barely had any punishment at all yet, so is a bit annoying it broke.

Hopefully DW can help me out - still waiting for a reply from someone there.

Back