Recording reheaseal and at gigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
Im gonna record myself and my band when we are rehearsing and play at gigs!
I got a Behringer Eurorack UB-2442FX-Pro Mixer and some overhead microphones for the drums and i will buy a firewire interface soon too!

I was thinkin' to do like this: (sorry for the bad pic) :p

Am I doing right?

please help :p

Attachments

• Record.jpg
    Record.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,930
thats pretty close to how we have ours set up, only thing i might mention is that on the behringer mixers you need to keep a close eye on which channels your using and what is turned up while your recording.

example, i have a behringer 32 channel mixer, we have an ipod hookup running i think to the tape in (i could be mistaken) but if we don't mute the tape in it creates a real real real nasty echo effect on the recording even when nothing is playing or hooked up. not sure why this happens since their not running at the same time but it does....

also i would suggest (if your mixer can do it) assigning each instrument a different subgroup and recording those instead of the main outs. we just found it helpfull to be able to control each subgroup individually rather then only being able to control the main mix...

oh yeah, i would think about getting a bass and snare mic, possibly even a hihat mic, overheads pic up a lot but we found we lost alot of the bass and hihat and the snare sounded distant but that could of just been our mix as well, just something to think about....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back