Ludwig L348TH

qualendi

Hi, I'm a short person and I play really low. I'm looking forward towards the Ludwig L348TH. It looks cool with the fabric top and all. It's just that I don't know how low it can go. Can anyone tell me how far down it could go? I hope it could go down upto 16" in height. ;)

Attachments

• LUD L348TH LIST.jpg
    LUD L348TH LIST.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 723
I don't have the info you're looking for but don't forget that you can always cut any thread into any desired size so shortening any excess thread takes just a few minutes. In fact, this might even help you because you wouldn't have to bother about the exact height - put the (or: any) throne into the lowest position, mark the distance to your desired throne height and cut the excess length - done.

I don't have the info you're looking for but don't forget that you can always cut any thread into any desired size so shortening any excess thread takes just a few minutes. In fact, this might even help you because you wouldn't have to bother about the exact height - put the (or: any) throne into the lowest position, mark the distance to your desired throne height and cut the excess length - done.

Pretty sure the reference is to the base height, spindles go down to zero (the top of the base).

The shorty thrones on the market have a base height of 16" once the spindle is down all the way there's no reason to cut.

Depending on the design, collapsing the legs of the base together a little can lower the post, or it can raise it and this is a good little trick if you're experimenting with slight height adjustments, fold the legs to raise/lower and you don't lose your original height setting.

Attachments

• 16%22 throne.jpg
    16%22 throne.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 509
Do Ludwigs have thrones that have a base height of 16" like Les Ismore said? If not I might have to get thrones that are designed to be played for 7-year old kids and hobbit sized people...or maybe build a custom one in my garage.

Just put this on another thread.
quick link:
http://www.cymbalfusion.com/Gibraltar-B9608S-Short-Throne-Base.html

I own an older version of this, and it goes to 16" to top of seat.

They probably offer one with a top on it too.

I checked the GIBRALTARS and the ROC's out, their short base bottoms are 16" to the spindle at zero, add your seat top and your in the 20's as the spec's note:

FEATURES

Short Throne Base
Adjusts from 16" to 24" in height
Seat fits onto a 7/8" diameter shaft
Adjusts from 20" to 28" in height
B9608S Short throne base

16" isn't really low IMO. I have STADIUM throne bases that go down to 12.5" without the tops, tho they're 1" tubes, not spindles.

ROC and GIBRALTAR need to get a short base together, there's a strong kids market and quite a few adults would prefer and could make a smaller, shorter, lighter base work.

Im willing to bet 95% of the drummers out there do not have their spindles/seat posts above 24"

finally I got info from www.musicalgrellmann.com.br/, but it's in mexican or something.

I think it says, "minimum height 44cm".
And if my math is correct, that's 17 3/8".
Well...it's only 1 3/8" over my expected height... not bad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 441
I must have a seat that was discontinued then.
I got it on eBay (about 2 years ago), and it was a model at least 5 years old from the sticker/logo style.

I'll measure again, but I'm pretty sure it was 16" to the top of the R&S seat top I have on it.
I got it for my son who was 8 at the time.

Just measured the Gibraltar I have.
To the top of the seat, set all the way down (where you'd sit) is 16".
A Roc N Soc is what I have on it.

The top of the height adjustment of the spindle (big, knurled, silver thing with the giant wing bolt) is 10.5"

This must be a pretty old model seat I have.
I don't know the model #, but there might be some out there on eBay.

Por Favoré, I have recently returned form Malaysia. And in a drum store somewhere in Damansara, I accidentally found the L348TH. I didn't expect it to be there, even the shop keeper didn't know that they had it on display. I literally ran towards it, lowered the cushion to as low as it can go and asked the shop keeper for a measuring tape. Surprisingly, it can go to a minimum height of 16.5", which is much lower than the information that I got from the Portugese website. The cushion felt very comfortable compared to the leather ones in the store. Costs RM230, which is about U$72. Compared to if I purchase it online, which I can get for U$65, plus $50 for FedEx shipping. So I saved, U$43!!!

As soon as I got home, I found out that if I remove the locking mechanism, I can further reduce the height to 16.2"! And once I sat my ass down on it, my body weight pressed it to 16"! It's so unbelievable that an atheist drummer would suddenly believe in God! Hopefully not Zeus . . .

Best $ well spent. Now I can practice my Bucket-of-fish and Chicken-Tika proudly.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 442
Back