Having copyright trouble on Youtube. Help?

Guz2

My drum cover videos keep getting blocked or muted by greedy fatcats who think I'm stealing from them by posting videos of me drumming to their artist's songs so that I can get some constructive critisizm. There are countless other drum covers of the same song on Youtube, so why block mine? It makes no sence. Any help?

They've got the law on their side. Why they don't remove the other ones, I can't tell you, but if the people who own the copyright for the song don't want you to put it up there, you can't do anything about it.

how are you recording them? are you recording the drums and syncing in the music behind them? and what are you playing?

I record myself playing to the song. And so far I've recorded a Rolling stones song (the sound got muted), a Metallica song, an AC/DC song and a Rainbow song. All very popular for drum covers

I record myself playing to the song. And so far I've recorded a Rolling stones song (the sound got muted), a Metallica song, an AC/DC song and a Rainbow song. All very popular for drum covers

try changing the name in the properties b4 you upload them. like just put drum cover.....not ac/dc back in black. You know what i mean?

i just got a few warnings...that pretty much said if i got an atronomic amount of views that they would take my stuff down.

My drum cover videos keep getting blocked or muted by greedy fatcats who think I'm stealing from them by posting videos of me drumming to their artist's songs so that I can get some constructive critisizm. There are countless other drum covers of the same song on Youtube, so why block mine? It makes no sence. Any help?

Maybe it's because yours are actually good. Take it as a compliment. :)

Back