First Experience of a live Orchestra

Neil

On Saturday (3rd April) I went to see Star Wars in Concert, I was slightly apprehensive about it, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but my Mum is a die hard fan so I went along and my god I was totally blown away by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. My first experience of a live Orchestra it seriously made all my hair stand on end when they kicked into the opening sequence.
I saw Motorhead a couple of months ago at the Hammersmith Apollo, those guys made my kidneys rattle, the RPO made them rattle in a more positive way. I'm a total convert now. It reminded me of my first proper concert I went to. Expert musicianship and a great show. I just need to tell someone! :)

The RPO is a top notch orchestra. I've seen them on tour here in NY, and always enjoyed the concerts. Well, if you're a convert you have a whole world of music to start to explore.
Have Fun!!!

I went to see the Halle Orchestra a couple of years ago, I've seen a fair few Orchestras (and I also occasionally have had to record amateur ensembles) and going to see a good Orchestra makes all the difference. I saw my brother play with his University Orchestra in the Bridgewater Hall last year (Britten's War Requiem) and it was something else. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of really rotten Orchestras and have never been more bored. Going to see the RPO as your first experience is certainly the best way of going about it.

Back