Post your odd food combos here

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Inspired by the well done steak thread...Midnight Zephyr stated that he puts ketchup on his hard boiled eggs and his cottage cheese, which I don't know how anyone can get cottage chesse near their face to begin with lol, let alone with ketchup ha ha. So I thought it would be a cool idea to hear food combos that might be considered odd. Like my wife's son used to like peanut butter on his deep fried chicken wings.

My odd combo is I like cheese sandwiches with ketchup, it reminds me of the baloney and cheese sandwiches my mom fed us when we were kids.

I also like to put salt and pepper on my buttered toast.

So go ahead. Make my day.

Awesome, Larry!

I may not put ketchup on my dogs, but I like it on almost anything else. I don't do it very often anymore, but I used to dip pizza in ketchup. I think it was from those really flavorless slices we got back in the high school cafeteria, I had to add something to it.

Mac-n-cheese with BBQ sauce, ground black pepper, onions and jalapenos.....good eating.

This thread could end right here and I would be satisfied lol. Ketchup on pizza? That's insane!

Mine's not too weird. I just like hotdogs with ketchup on side, mustard on the other and relish lining the top of the dog. It feels like a ritual each time and it's so dang good!

My dad puts sugar on pasta, tho.

I went through a stage of eating peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches.

Extra crunchy peanut butter and butter sandwich.
Green olive and cream cheese sandwich.
Cottage cheese and apple sauce. About a 60/40 mix. Most awesome mix EVER!
Frozen apple sauce is awesome.
My wife makes a pork chop that is stuffed with peppers, onions, apple slices, and covered in some secret breading. She got a ring shortly after.
I also like to put potato chips on sandwiches, fries on my burger, and dip fries in soft served chocolate ice cream.
Sometimes I also like to mix all my food together, like those KFC mashed potato bowls.

Inspired by the well done steak thread...Midnight Zephyr stated that he puts ketchup on his hard boiled eggs and his cottage cheese, which I don't know how anyone can get cottage chesse near their face to begin with lol, let alone with ketchup ha ha. So I thought it would be a cool idea to hear food combos that might be considered odd. Like my wife's son used to like peanut butter on his deep fried chicken wings.

My odd combo is I like cheese sandwiches with ketchup, it reminds me of the baloney and cheese sandwiches my mom fed us when we were kids.

I also like to put salt and pepper on my buttered toast.

So go ahead. Make my day.

I didn't even see this thread until now. I've been eating that stuff since I was a kid. I like jams and jellies with cottage cheese too, and I'm gonna have to try the applesauce idea that MrInsanePolack mentioned.

I'd be down with some ketchup sauce on my grilled cheese sandwich, but I always get ranch for my fries when I can, and I'd choose mayo over ketchup.

I don't do nothing too crazy, but I do like menudo.

My cafeteria has this weird obsession with dipping pizza into ranch dressing. Is that... a thing?

Nothing too odd here, I like eggs on my burgers & steaks. Probably the weirdest potable I like is hot chocolate made with chocolate soymilk. I always wanted to try cereal with soda, but never got into it. I went through a small phase of putting raspberry jam on vanilla gelato once.

My wife makes a pork chop that is stuffed with peppers, onions, apple slices, and covered in some secret breading. She got a ring shortly after.
Sometimes I also like to mix all my food together, like those KFC mashed potato bowls.

A) that sounds delicious, and
B) every Thanksgiving. Corn, potatoes, gravy, butter, biscuits, turkey... add it to the heap!

Spaghetti, ground turkey (staple in my house, cheaper and healthier than ground beef), shredded cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce. Put in a bowl, put bowl in the microwave for a couple minutes and stir it around. I call it "spaghetti western". I also do the same thing with mashed potatoes subbing for the spaghetti.

I've made cracker pizzas with saltines/Ritz, ketchup, sliced cheddar, and pepperoni broiled in the toaster oven since I was about six. I still frequently make a quick meal out of a plateful of Triscuits with layers of sliced cheddar melted on top.

I like swiss cheese and crunchy peanut butter on toasted english muffins.
I also like dipping McDonald's french fries into their chocolate milkshake.

But who's the judge of whether or not a food combo is odd? I don't think anything I eat is odd at all.

When I lived in France, it was astonishing how many people remarked (upon discovering that I was British) "Oh, you eat sweet things with savoury things, don't you?" - meaning apple sauce with pork, mint jelly with lamb, and suchlike. As it happens, I abhor such abominations but nobody ever believed me, because I was British and That's What Brits Do.

My little foible is Tabasco or similar on baked beans, unless the beans are cold in which case they're better without, but astonishingly, this appears to be so unusual as to be very difficult to come by in the vast majority of establishments of all types over here. When I'm away on business, I pop a bottle of hot sauce in my handbag so that breakfast is adequately taken care of.

You eat baked beans for breakfast?

Savory and sweet are a winning combo. Like chocolate covered bacon.

Korean ramyen noodles with all the red pepper, American cheese and shreds of bacon. Eggs with potatoes and onion mixed in, covered in sour cream and chipotle sauce. MREs. Smoothies with kale, spinach, carrots, and apples. Slow cooked ham with Braeburn apple slices cooking in the middle.

Smoothies with kale, spinach, carrots, and apples.

Anything with kale in it is the work of the devil. Trust me, I know him and all his works.

Slow cooked ham with Braeburn apple slices cooking in the middle.

Oh, Eengleesh!

You eat baked beans for breakfast?

Erm yes - what did you have when you were here? They're an integral part of the Full English/Scottish/Welsh (not Irish) breakfast. If you missed out on the experience, you'll just have to come over again and put things right!

Savory and sweet are a winning combo. Like chocolate covered bacon.

No, I am refusing to fall for it. And bacon isn't all it's cracked up (haga, geddit?) to be.

Once, quite a few years ago, and before my current enthusiasm for cocktails, I spent an evening in a pub ordering all the most disgusting mixtures of two or three ingredients I could think of...highlights (or lowlights) were Red Bull and Baileys, Malibu and tonic, and I think Baileys/lemon juice/lime cordial in a shot glass.

Back