Show pics of your... SABIANS!

A

Aggressivec

Hello all, I am a rabid supporter of Sabian cymbals, and I would like to see what you all own! Please post pics and if possible, review the cymbal. I'll post mine when I find my camera lol.

mine are b8s not to great but am soon upgrading to a set full of aas/aaxs will be awesome

Attachments

• cropped kit.jpg
    cropped kit.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,961
Here are the 2 latest additions to my collection:

1) 20" Vault Artisan Light Ride
2) 22" HH Raw-Bell Dry Crash/Ride Prototype

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2,165
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,059
Beautiful cymbals, cjbee! Is that prototype a thinner RBDR?
Yeah, basically. It's larger, lighter, thinner, and has a slightly different profile. To me, it retains all of the renowned qualities of the regular RBDR (nice, clear stick ping and defined and strong bell) while adding a dark, underlaying wash and a beautiful crashing ability. I'd say it's like a traditional jazz ride meets a modern rock ride.

how much will you be selling that aa rbdr agressive?

is it in good condition?

how much will you be selling that aa rbdr agressive?

is it in good condition?

Yeah, I have had it for about 6 months, but there is only stick markings. I have taken excellent care of it, for it is my baby. If you are interested in it, unfortunately you may have to wait til March or April. If you still want it then, I'll be sure to sell it to you! It's an amazing ride.

yer ill probably still be interested if its only stick marks will be going to london with my m8 soon to go and try out some stuff so if i like it ill most probably buy it from you. if its not a rip off that is ;)

Some of my cymbals past and present, and my prototypes...

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

AA 14" reg hats: can fit anywhere, a bit heavy, verrrrrry nice sound no matter how close or open, great definition...

AA 20" med ride: versatile enough, sound great with a chain, solid bell, not crashable :( good stick definition...

AA 16" med crash: I hate it, doesn't use it anymore... heavy, clanky, makes a "not so bad ride"... big volume crash...
need to hit hard for it to sound good... again, high volume...

HH 15" sound control crash: sounds great anyhow I hit it, smokey sound when hit lightly, explosive whith harder hit...

HH 21" RBDR: one word: dry ! ok, more words: verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dry, way too dry... doesn't fit everywhere but when you
want to be eard, or when you absolutly need definition... At first, I liked it but doesn't use it anymore... Killer bell, "clanky"

setupms8.jpg

Philippe

Last edited:
Sabian lovers, I have a problem...
I bought an AAX 19" Xtreme Chinese in early october. About a week ago, I noticed that my favorite cymbal had a crack in it. I could not believe it. It was at the hammered part where I never hit. Luckily, I am sending it back today and should get another in 6-8 weeks.
Heres where the real stuff starts happening. This very morning, I was talking to my little brother (also a drummer) about how Sabian owns Zildjian in every way. We the were just examining our AA 16" Medium Crash because we love it so much (saying stuff like "look at the shimmer!". Just joking around really...) and then we noticed a crack on the bell! This was literally the worst thing ever, for we only have THAT ONE CRASH. We now have to send it back and get another, and will be crashless for 6-8 weeks.
I know that I didnt crack the cymbal for I would have noticed it right away. I am almost positive that my brother did it. He started drumming a few years ago, quit and then started back up again 6 months ago. My technique is amazing and I have only broken 1 thing in my life (a bass drum head). Ever since my brother started playing, our hi hats have gotten cracked, a bass drum head has been cracked, our chinese has been cracked AND our crash has gotten cracked. Call me crazy, but I may not let my brother play drums anymore... I am the saddest person of all time right now and for the first time in my life I am actually thinking about switching to Paiste or Meinl... WHY ME? If any of you have a crash that you really don't play at all (no matter the brand), I will take offers. I really need a crash... Thank you...

-A very sad Connor. :(

Sabian lovers, I have a problem...
I bought an AAX 19" Xtreme Chinese in early october. About a week ago, I noticed that my favorite cymbal had a crack in it. I could not believe it. It was at the hammered part where I never hit. Luckily, I am sending it back today and should get another in 6-8 weeks.
Heres where the real stuff starts happening. This very morning, I was talking to my little brother (also a drummer) about how Sabian owns Zildjian in every way. We the were just examining our AA 16" Medium Crash because we love it so much (saying stuff like "look at the shimmer!". Just joking around really...) and then we noticed a crack on the bell! This was literally the worst thing ever, for we only have THAT ONE CRASH. We now have to send it back and get another, and will be crashless for 6-8 weeks.
I know that I didnt crack the cymbal for I would have noticed it right away. I am almost positive that my brother did it. He started drumming a few years ago, quit and then started back up again 6 months ago. My technique is amazing and I have only broken 1 thing in my life (a bass drum head). Ever since my brother started playing, our hi hats have gotten cracked, a bass drum head has been cracked, our chinese has been cracked AND our crash has gotten cracked. Call me crazy, but I may not let my brother play drums anymore... I am the saddest person of all time right now and for the first time in my life I am actually thinking about switching to Paiste or Meinl... WHY ME? If any of you have a crash that you really don't play at all (no matter the brand), I will take offers. I really need a crash... Thank you...

-A very sad Connor. :(

You don't have a Sabian problem, but more of a cymbals problem...
Go with Paiste if you want, they sound great but before that, you
have something to do, or you will break some Paiste also...

Philippe

wherew did you get that raw bell spalsh looks awesome how much was it

Here are the 2 latest additions to my collection:

1) 20" Vault Artisan Light Ride
2) 22" HH Raw-Bell Dry Crash/Ride Prototype

Hey cjbee do you the story behind that 22" RBDR crash/ride, or which artist it was made for?

I *think* Jose Pasillas from Incubus has been using one or something like it as a crash during their latest tours. Check out this YouTube vid:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHuq6-mCBY

It's right above his rack toms.

Hey cjbee do you the story behind that 22" RBDR crash/ride, or which artist it was made for?

I *think* Jose Pasillas from Incubus has been using one or something like it as a crash during their latest tours. Check out this YouTube vid:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHuq6-mCBY

It's right above his rack toms.
Yup, that's the exact one...it was designed to Jose Pasillas' specs and he has been using it for their last few tours (dating back to about 2004).

Yup, that's the exact one...it was designed to Jose Pasillas' specs and he has been using it for their last few tours (dating back to about 2004).

And the best thing is that it's the sickest cymbal ever made. Ever... No exceptions. The only thing MAYBE cooler is like a 30" cup chime that looks like a pig or something. Who knows. Its amazing. CJ, would you recommend buying it instead of the regular RBDR?

Yeah Damo! That's a lot of prototypes, give some specs and sound descriptions!

Here's mine at home, I have other stuff I don't have pictured.. Like a 21" HH RBDR, 21" V-Crash, 18" HH Duo Ride, 18" HHX Evoutlion Crash, 16" AAX Dark Crash, and Zildjian 22" K Dark Medium Ride.

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

Back