Cymbals:
Paiste 2002:
24" Ride
18" Crash
20" Crash
18' Medium

Paiste Dimensions:
15" Power Hats

This kit has no muffling on anything except a little felt strip on the kick reso. I have everything tuned fairly high, but the big drums still sound thunderous. I cannot imagine playing any other kit.

Attachments

• driver's.jpg
    driver's.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,621
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 844
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 747
Nice drums. You ever consider taking the rack tom off the kick and mounting it to a cymbal stand or something.

You know, I used to have the rack mounted to the crash stand right next to it, but it just increased set-up time at gigs. Plus, this way the rack tom is always in exactly the same place each time I play it, no matter where I am.

By the way, if anyone is curious, those are Vintage Emperors on the snare and toms. They are the best heads I have ever played by far.

Thanks for looking!

Ok, just wondering cause it seems kinda odd to have a 14" rack tom mounted to your bass.

i agree, plus it puts lots of extra unnecessary weight on your bass drum (which kills tone!!) and probably puts a lot of stress on it.

just sayin...

that being said i love your setup! It's very rockin'! although if you don't mind my askin', why is the 18" FT a fade?

-Jonathan

i agree, plus it puts lots of extra unnecessary weight on your bass drum (which kills tone!!) and probably puts a lot of stress on it.

The kick has a single ply with a dot on the batter side and a single ply with a 4" port on the reso. I crank both heads until there is an actual note coming from the kick. That plus the wood Danmar beater and the fact that I play heel-up and quite hard, it makes no difference in the kick tone. I was worried about losing tone as well, so I have tried it both ways recently and I cannot tell a difference. My band can't tell a difference either even when they aren't playing.

The 18" floor is a fade because I found it new on ebay for $200 an could not pass that up. Tama doesn't make Indigo Blue in Performers anymore. They make a really close color in the maple, but that is just too pricey. So my kit is blue, black and white. It doesn't bother me when it sounds as good as it does.

I like the kit in general, but I have to agree with the others on the rack tom position.I prefer the sound of an "open" bass drum, I think it sounds fuller.

but that's your preference.

I have recently discovered that using different combinations of muffling on different toms and the bass produce interesting sounds when used in combination with one another. But I'd love to hear what your kit sounds like compared to mine.

And the black-to-beige on the lowest floor tom kinda threw me off for a second, haha.

Nice kit.

Add another 2 inches to that kick and you'd have a mini Bonzo kit.
Really dig it, the mis-matched toms add a little "homeliness" to the kit

Back