'Old' Yamaha Dtxtreme vs. newer e-kits

badastronaut

At the moment I'm playing the 'old' version of the Yamaha DTxtreme drumkits (as seen below in the picture). The kit is completely fitted with mesh heads but it's still quite noisy. Does anybody over here know if the newer e-kits (either Roland or Yamaha) are less noisy? or doesn't it make much difference? If the newer kits are more quiet (significantly quiet that is) I might sell my trusty old DTxtreme...

DTXTREME.jpg

The quietest pads out there are the TCS pads on the new DTX series kits...feel pretty good as well...

Yes the TCS are super quiet and the nicer to play on than anything else so far invented.

With all that being said (earlier posts), the original DTXtreme is still the nicest looking e-kit that yamaha (and roland for that matter) ever produced...if you put mesh heads on this kit it is very quiet as well..and doesn't have quite the bouncy feel that Roland kits are known for (owned and played both brands)...here's a pic of mine...

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Wow!! That is superb - love your kit - awesome.

I was not aware that there were Xtreme models with mesh heads.
I have the DTXtreme IIIs (solid pads).

Cheers

Pete

...The kit is completely fitted with mesh heads but it's still quite noisy.

I am confused.
You have the Dtxtreme with the RHP (wood) drums, with Mesh heads - and its too loud??
If you have mesh heads with the foam inserts inside - thats about as quiet as you can get.

Why is it so noisy??

Monza.

Back