Guitar Centre Stick Club

I am, and the monthly thing hits tomorrow. Basically, you pay $20, and they give you back $60 over the course of 12 months. Not enough to buy a pair (and the months do not roll over) but it gets you in the store, and hey, it is a $5 discount.

I thought about it but I don't go through sticks that often. However, I could use it just to stock up on sticks...I think that promo is only for a year.

The problem is that it's for in-store stock only. They don't carry any of the sticks I use so that wouldn't work for me.

I started signing up for it then cancelled. I use a lot of sticks but their setup works like a gift card. Have to Cary thd card with you to get the discount. I hate a thick wallet with a bunch of junk/cards in it , so I backed out of it.

If you think about it the math is wrong and you're not really saving much money!

5 bucks a month= 60 dollars total throughout the whole year given to you (minus the 20 you pay)

so 40 dollars given in a year, and remember that the money doesn't roll over nor can you buy sticks for 5 bucks. Lets say a stick is about 8 dollars minimum. There are 12 months in a year, you would still be spending 3 dollars for every month= 3x12= 36 dollars that you have to pay when buying a stick every month, plus the starting fee of 20

youre basically paying 20 dollars to be given back 40 dollars and the other 3 dollars is up to you (so 12x3 if you're buying sticks every month) which is 36 dollars, so you end up saving about 4 bucks in the year.

correct me if my math is wrong haha i just got up!

Ben, you're actually correct- but (and I'm not sure of this since I haven't been in yet but I'll update if I do) you don't need to spend the $5 on sticks. I'll be getting some spare wingnuts and felts if they let me. Also, in your scenario, I still come out with $4 more than I started- which is $100 more than I would have if I had bought 12 pairs of sticks.

Back