Ride to match Giant Beat Multi's?

Isosceles

I can't afford a Giant Beat 24" ride, so I'm looking for something else that will work well with my 18" and 20" Giant Beats. My current ride is the 20" GB, but it's a bit washy in most cases. My hihats are a 70's New Beat top and a Dream Bliss top as the bottom (which sounds amazing, BTW)

Doesn't have to be Paiste, but I want good stick definition and crashability. I play anything from light acoustic gigs to classic rock, no metal. I can afford up to $120 for something used.

Is a Zildjian 20" Med Ride a good candidate? I see those on craigslist for $100 all the time. Any other ideas? Whatever comes close to that Giant Beat sound.

Beg, borrow, steal, sell your body to the night.......whatever it takes to get that GB ride mate, it's the pick of the bunch.

Other than the Big Al ride (which is close, but still very much a 2002 at heart), nothing else comes close to the sound of a Giant Beat. You'll definitely find plenty of rides that will sit well with your multi's, but none of them are gonna be a substitute for that GB sound. If that's what you're really chasing then I suggest you save harder and wait to get what you truly want.

What he said.

I have my 18 and 20 GB's matched with a 2002 ride, or when wanting more dark less cutting sounds, with a Zildjian Light Ride. That is an all around great cymbal.

Back