Uploading videos on myspace

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Hi all

does anybody have any experience with the new myspace design?

If I try to upload a video on my account, instead of starting the upload
the same popup appears I used to choose my video on the harddrive!
It's the "upload now" button, but instead of starting the upload I always
get the popup for file choosing!

The video in question is about 60 MB and in m4v format, so everything
should be fine there.

does anybody have any experience with the new myspace design?

Yes. It's horrible!

I get frequent crashes, hangups and general mishaps almost every time I try to do something on my band's MySpace page after they released the new layouts, so I'm not at all surprised to hear the video upload is screwed too.

I'd advise you to simply keep trying, possibly in a different browser. I've generally gotten stuff to work after a few (or many) tries, but it's definitely not a streamlined and good piece of software.

I'm not going to lie. NO ONE uses Myspace anymore, literally. In my opinion you'd be better off setting up a Youtube page (or Vimeo, or Dailymotion, etc.) and linking it to a face book page.

Myspace in my opinion is like Mozilla's Firefox, it was a very hip thing (from a user point of view), but is now extremely cumbersome and becoming more and more obsolete. The proper development isn't there anymore.

The new myspce design is terrible, and not the least bit user friendly. I can't figure it out at all.

And so like most people, I'm just giving up on myspace.

They have recently laid off most of their staff. Most of their executives and managers have quit. I know some people who were working there until recently, and it seems the whole thing is a sinking ship.

Which is sad, given it was the industry standard for finding new music for many years. But now it's just a dead waste of internet bandwith.

Back