A tour through Brady Drum factory

drumkat

I recently drove to this 2nd hand tyre place. While I was getting my tyres fitted, I took a stroll out the front of the factory for a cigarette....

I looked down the road and I noticed something that made my eyes widen.....

I saw the Brady Drum factory......

I quickly ran up to it and asked for a tour of the factory.....

They were were SO obliging....

It was a real wonderful experience....

Those guys are true legends of custom drum manufacturing....

I saw a shell at different stages of the building process...

From single plies right through to the heavy lacquered finish....

It was like Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...

It must have been a compelling and very informative visit, I would love to visit a drum factory. :)

It must have been a compelling and very informative visit, I would love to visit a drum factory. :)

Its a real juxtaposition from the media to reality....

Drum making is a really messy business...there was (good) crap everywhere, the factory really, really stinks from the epoxy and the lacquer, there were shavings and dust....

But the end result is absolutely amazing....

They are very professional craftsmen

drumkat,

1) I'm envious ;) That must have been very interesting...
(I can rely just a tiny bit, having been at 2 guitar makers several times - they made me 5 custom guitars. And I was allowed to participate in some steps.)

2) Hey, I expected some video links!! In HD quality of course!! Nothing whatsoever, haha.

That's very cool. Were you surprised by anything you saw there?

Yes, there was one main suprise...it looked like a regular workshop, with regular guys working there!!!

It's actually quite small...

Brady Drums are played and respected world wide...yet the Brady workshop is covered with shavings, sawdust and the smell is really strong from the epoxies etc.

I kind of expected this "wonderland" vibe I guess

I once went through Bisondrums.com temporary factory before he moved. Seeing drums in different stages is very cool.

One thing I am very excited to share with you......

CB is going on another "Walkabout" into the Aussie wilderness next Tuesday (part of the BRADY Walkabout Series: http://www.bradydrums.com.au/walkabout.html and we're all going along too! Exclusive Brady artist Shannon Forrest & I will be heading out with CB and his craftsmen as they seek out new timbers never before used in the drum industry. We'll be documenting the expedition on video and I'm really looking forward to showing you guys what it's really like in Australia, and what it's like at Brady as we strive to bring new sounds to drummers.

Flight back home leaves this Saturday. Can't wait!

Kelly Brady

One thing I am very excited to share with you......

CB is going on another "Walkabout" into the Aussie wilderness next Tuesday (part of the BRADY Walkabout Series: http://www.bradydrums.com.au/walkabout.html and we're all going along too! Exclusive Brady artist Shannon Forrest & I will be heading out with CB and his craftsmen as they seek out new timbers never before used in the drum industry. We'll be documenting the expedition on video and I'm really looking forward to showing you guys what it's really like in Australia, and what it's like at Brady as we strive to bring new sounds to drummers.

Flight back home leaves this Saturday. Can't wait!

Kelly Brady

Any clips of the video available anywhere?

Back