Best Practice Drum Sets?

JonaWilder

I've been looking into practice drum sets and have found 3.

Remo 5 Piece

Drum Workshop

Cecilio PD200

The Cecilio PD200 looks like the best bet to me. Most of the reviews of the Drum Workshop weren't great and the Remo looks a little flimsy. The only problem is, I haven't found any reviews of the Cecilio PD200. I like the setup, construction and like that it comes with a bass pedal rather than having to use one you already have. It looks a little more sturdy and well put together than the other 2. Does anyone have one or heard anything positive/negative about these?

the Cecilio PD200 does look pretty nice & configurable. i used to have an older Remo practice pad kit...just that typical old-school feel & sound. nothing flashy, but it works & simulated rims shots great.

one more option for you, there was a review in MD on this one. i have always wanted the Thomas Lang kit, but could never get past the "new" price. maybe a used one is waiting for you somewhere ?

+ http://www.remo.com/portal/products/2/592/593/594/comprehensive _kit.html

big.jpg

Yeah, I looked at the Thomas Lang one, but it's pretty pricey. It's the one Jojo Mayer uses and seems pretty perfect, but quite out of my price range.

I own the Remo p-pad kit you mentioned, I've had it for years and years. If you have a rack setup you can actually use your multi-clamps and transfer stuff over.

Here's a (bad) pic of my Remo p-pad set with Pintech practice cymbals that literally traveled to three continents with me.

Attachments

• practiceset.jpg
    practiceset.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7,073
I've got the DW kit, works well, good for the price. However, if portability isn't an issue 'd urge you to consider using mesh heads on real drums for closer replication of the feel of real drums. Pads are very limited in terms of response, particular when it comes to the bass drum.

Back