Please stand for the beginning of the big game...

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
American's may understand this the best.

Attachments

• 774473_10200484760499415_712155232_o.jpg
    774473_10200484760499415_712155232_o.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 277
Hehehe...

The Canadian national anthem takes maybe 2 minutes and is usually sang by one person.

I've seen races in the US though and they've got a pop star, backing vocals, jets, fireworks, you name it.

Hehehe...

The Canadian national anthem takes maybe 2 minutes and is usually sang by one person.

I've seen races in the US though and they've got a pop star, backing vocals, jets, fireworks, you name it.

lol! We don't do anything half-assed..., except for balancing a budget.

I'm already cringing, awaiting Alicia Keys' Superbowl version. It's been stated that she's "taking liberties" with the song, and she's stated something to the effect that "you're going to hear it like you've never heard it before". Great.... just friggin' great .....

The anthem has an interesting history. Although it was written in 1814, it was not the National Anthem until 1916 (by Executive Order) and by Congressional Act in 1931. What really made it stick around was when it was played at baseball games during WWI as a show of patriotism and unity. Football and other sports followed suit, but it was baseball that really made it the National Anthem.

Where is the musical notation for Roseanne Barr grabbing her crotch and spitting?

LOL

Love the direction...Milk It!

Vocalists trying to make a mark with melismatic banality can now stare at a piece of music and pretend they can read!

Back