Remo Controlled Sound X

classicstar

For anyone hoping this is a review, I'm sorry but it's the opposite. This thing has been out for a little while now and I can't find anything on someone using them. No reviews, nothing.

So, has anyone out there tried one of these yet? I'm very interested to know how they sound!

Spec wise it's a single ply 10mm with a 5mm black dot.

I've used this on my snare before. I like the sound I get from it and hitting the dot gives it that stronger and more pronounced attack, but I don't really like 'multi surfaced' heads because of the different sounds it makes if you miss the dot, but that's all my opinion.

Looks like there's some confusion here. The OP is referring to remos new controlled sound head called the controlled sound X. Its a single ply 12 mil head. I have it and its very similar to the original CS. Its a bit more focused but I find (as with double ply heads) that I have to tune it higher than other single ply heads to get the feel and sound im looking for.

Looks like there's some confusion here. The OP is referring to remos new controlled sound head called the controlled sound X. Its a single ply 12 mil head. I have it and its very similar to the original CS. Its a bit more focused but I find (as with double ply heads) that I have to tune it higher than other single ply heads to get the feel and sound im looking for.

Thank you, that was exactly the reply I was looking for lol

Back