Alesis DM8 Pro....

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Any thoughts on this kit would be welcome.
It seems to provide a decent amount of quality for the fairly modest outlay (£500) and I can pick it up brand new which has the advantage of giving me a guarantee with it.
Anything I need to know ?
Despite the good price for what appears to be decent kit, would people still recommend using £500 on a used Yamaha or Rowland kit ??
Thanks in advance
Martin

I have one of these that I use as a quieter practice set up & I think it does it's job very well the preloaded kits a fun to play with & it over all feels very good after taking the time to set it up as close to my acoustic set as possible.

Any thoughts on this kit would be welcome.
It seems to provide a decent amount of quality for the fairly modest outlay (£500) and I can pick it up brand new which has the advantage of giving me a guarantee with it.
Anything I need to know ?
Despite the good price for what appears to be decent kit, would people still recommend using £500 on a used Yamaha or Rowland kit ??
Thanks in advance
Martin
I tried the kit at Wembley Drum Centre and to be honest I was not that impressed with the kit. The kick pad didn't feel right, the pads feel rather stiff and are by far the loudest pads I've ever played on and the kits/sounds on the module don't resemble the sound of an acoustic kit. I'd recommend you look into getting yourself a Yamaha or a Roland kit. It all depends on how much you are willing/able to invest into your new kit of course.

Hello.

I bought an Alesis DM8 pro in January this year and I think its a great kit to play and practice on. I live in the UK and paid slightly less than the price you quoted and I feel its really good value. I am a beginner and don't have much to compare it to but value wise it is spot on! I know the Roland kits are deemed to be better but you pay a hell of a lot more for them. Buying second hand will always have the risk of some thing going wrong, you don't know what kind of abuse the kit has had, whereas buying new gives you piece of mind.

Get the DM8 Pro. It looks the part, sounds good, feels solid, build quality seems decent, has loads of drum kit sounds and adjustable parameters, USB connectivity, dual zone snare, triple zone ride, and I like the 'real' head finish on the drums. Its a little bit noiser than rubber or mesh heads but a hell of a lot quieter than an aquistic kit.

If you've got any cash left invest in some decent headphones and any left after that a decent bass pedal. I also bought an extra crash cymbal for my kit (a Traps off ebay for about £20) to make it more complete.

I hope this helps.

Hello.

I bought an Alesis DM8 pro in January this year and I think its a great kit to play and practice on. I live in the UK and paid slightly less than the price you quoted and I feel its really good value. I am a beginner and don't have much to compare it to but value wise it is spot on! I know the Roland kits are deemed to be better but you pay a hell of a lot more for them. Buying second hand will always have the risk of some thing going wrong, you don't know what kind of abuse the kit has had, whereas buying new gives you piece of mind.

Get the DM8 Pro. It looks the part, sounds good, feels solid, build quality seems decent, has loads of drum kit sounds and adjustable parameters, USB connectivity, dual zone snare, triple zone ride, and I like the 'real' head finish on the drums. Its a little bit noiser than rubber or mesh heads but a hell of a lot quieter than an aquistic kit.

If you've got any cash left invest in some decent headphones and any left after that a decent bass pedal. I also bought an extra crash cymbal for my kit (a Traps off ebay for about £20) to make it more complete.

I hope this helps.

Yup....it's the DM8 Pro I went for.
Currently sat waiting to be opened and set up.
Got the kit, along with a very reasonably priced (but very well rated) monitor for £600.
Happy with that
Can't wait to get on and have a bash

Back