Shannon Larkin

Mr. Serpent

Searched around but couldn't find a topic on this guy yet. So here it is, Godsmack's drummer.

Here's a great video of him and Sully Erna (the lead singer, surprisingly he plays quite a few instruments) "battling".
http://www.yamaha.com/Artists/Artis...384%26CTID%3D551076%26CNTYP%3DARTIST,00.html#

Quick question, from what I can tell Shannon doesn't use a double pedal. Am I correct? If so I may have a stab at some Godsmack songs.

My bad, after watching a few more videos I see he does. I probably assumed he didn't since I don't recall any blast beats on Godsmack's songs.

Shannon Larkin is an awesome drummer. Very talented, great chops and very entertaining to watch.

Quick question, from what I can tell Shannon doesn't use a double pedal. Am I correct? If so I may have a stab at some Godsmack songs.

My bad, after watching a few more videos I see he does. I probably assumed he didn't since I don't recall any blast beats on Godsmack's songs.

Most rock drummers (hell, most drummers in general these days) have double pedals, even if they rarely use them. It's just nice to have the option available, and since they take up virtually no room, there's really no downside to having one.

There are plenty of exceptions, sure, but I bet you'll find double pedals installed on 70-80% of professional drummers' kits today

Shannons' playing in his old band Wrathchild America is really great stuff. It's a little more complex than Godsmack. More prog really. The album was called "Climbing the Walls". I think he's great!

Shannon really took Godsmack to a new level.

I love the energy he brings.

I saw him up close about a year ago playing with a side band, and what amazed me is his arms aren't much bigger around than his drum sticks! I'm not sure how so much energy comes from one person like that, nor how he can play like that and not throw his own back out.

One of my top 5 favorite drummers if not my favorite. His stage show is insane. It sometimes overshadows his abilities which are dead on. Seems like a really nice guy too.

Shannon Larkin is an awesome drummer. Very talented, great chops and very entertaining to watch.

Most rock drummers (hell, most drummers in general these days) have double pedals, even if they rarely use them. It's just nice to have the option available, and since they take up virtually no room, there's really no downside to having one.

There are plenty of exceptions, sure, but I bet you'll find double pedals installed on 70-80% of professional drummers' kits today
I don't. like double pedals since i'm right handed the left pedal doesn't. react like the right it's simple physic's I have a pretty fast right foot so I don't. need a double pedal. Shannon's a great drummer though that battle between him & sully is cool for sure.

Bonzolead

Shannon, during his Wrathchild days, was very influential in my early drumming style. Listen to the song "No Deposit, No Return" by Wrathchild America. Amazing double bass work, and I think he was only like 18 - 19 at the time. I think he should be more highly regarded than he is, and is definitely one of the best drummers in the hard rock genre.

Back