DW Limited Edition Snare Drums

Dave from Perth

Hello.

I have added a few snares to my collection so I thought I'd re-post all of them together in one hit. I hope you like them.

25th Anniversary
DSC_0013.jpg

25th Anniversary Edge
DSC_0093.jpg

30th Anniversary (Lake Superior Birch)
DSC_0186.jpg

Acrylic Prototype
DSC_0175.jpg

Classics Buddy Rich Ply Version
DSC_0018.jpg

Classics Buddy Rich Solid Shell Version
DSC_0087.jpg

Commemorative Buddy Rich
LimitedEditions014.jpg

Craviotto Timeless Timber Maple
DSC_0023.jpg

Craviotto Timeless Timber Birch
DSC_0027.jpg

Craviotto Solid Oak
DSC_0164.jpg

Craviotto Solid Cherry
DSC_0160.jpg

Craviotto Solid Walnut
DSC_0167.jpg

Craviotto Tony Williams Custom
DSC_0188.jpg

Commemorative Neil Peart
DSC_0214.jpg

Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows Aztec Red with Gold Leaf
DSC_0052.jpg

Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows Birdseye Maple and Walnut
DSC_0197.jpg

Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows Walnut and Maple
DSC_0203.jpg

Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows Bubinga and Sycamore with Gold Hardware
DSC_0208.jpg

Titanium
DSC_0068.jpg

Thanks for looking.

my god thats a hareem with snare drums =O

my favorite is definatly the edge snare, i like edge snares :)

Last edited:
May I be very rude and ask what you do for a living? Or are you the king of Australia? What a marvelous collection of snares you have there. What is the snare you play the most?

Stunning collection :) Beautiful snares :).

Wow I love the your collection! Especially the Neil Peart snares and the Lake Superior Birch Snare. Beautiful collection my friend.

And now I know what it would look like if Ronald McDonald had a custom snare made for him. ;)

Any pics of these set up with any of your drum kits (which I'm sure is also a very extensive collection based on the sheer amount of Deedubs' you have)??

-Jonathan

My jaw hit the floor when I started scrolling down and saw how many snares you have and then it went through the floor when I noticed what drums they were.

Amazing collection man. I dig it.

That's some collection you have! Heirloom comes to mind. I have a few questions:

1) If you could just keep one, which would it be and why?
2) Which one sounds the best to you?

Thanks for sharing

GJS

Thanks for the feedback. The collection is a real indulgence for me and I hope you enjoyed looking the photos. In answer to some of your questions...

frank0072
What is the snare you play the most?

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. The drum I play the most from that collection is a toss up between the Craviotto solid oak and the Craviotto Timeless Birch.

Pass.of.E.r.a.
Any pics of these set up with any of your drum kits?

Hello. No, I'm sorry, I don't have any kit photos. I have 2 DW kits: one Short Stack kit in Black Satin with black hardware (20x16, 10x5, 12x6, 14x7) and a F.A.S.T. sized kit in Black Velvet with black hardware (22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11). I switch kits according to the setting and context. Thank you for asking.

Skulmoski
1) If you could just keep one, which would it be and why?
2) Which one sounds the best to you?

Tough questions. When you have a range of snares to choose from you tend to assign specific drums to specific roles. But in trying to answer you question...I really like the solid oak. It's bright, cutting, sensitive at a range of tensions. Has a beautiful overtone on the rimshot, and a big sound from the stage. The Timeless Birch is another favourite. It's warmer than the oak, a nice focused sound, great dynamic range; delicate and articulate ghost notes. I think this would probably be the choice if I could only choose one, but again, these drums suit different situations. I also love the Peart commemorative edge model. Weighs a ton, has a huge voice, loud. For rock music I rate it highly, probably up there with my Brady 14x5 jarrah ply. Thanks for your interest and questions.

Beautiful. I wasn't aware the snakes and arrows came in so many different variations.
Did you just win that TI on ebay?

Me: Hi, I'd like to refinance my house please?
Bank: Sure, and why would you like to refinance today?
Me: Because my snare drum collection is worth more than my house?!? :D

Wow! I gotta go clean up some drool from my desk, because that is an awesome collection! I like the birdseye maple / walnut Neil Peart one and the 30th anniversary most. Absolutely beautiful pieces of work. I am curious how they did the inlays in the Snares & Arrows snares... seems to me like some really advanced woodworking.

Beautiful. I wasn't aware the snakes and arrows came in so many different variations.
Did you just win that TI on ebay?

G'day. No, not me on eBay. The Ti is a lovely sounding drum, though, and quite rare so it's worth tracking one down if you can. I have owned mine for a couple of years now.

There are a few too many variations of the Snakes and Arrows snare drum, in my opinion. Sure, they're beautifully made, the quality is spectacular and they sound and look great, but at the end of the day it's 4 versions of the same drum: a 6.5 x 14 VLT maple.

Thank you for your feedback.

Back