Ronald Bruner Jr.

Big T

Hi all

I didn't see a thread for Mr Bruner, so I thought I'd start one. Sorry if there is another one! I just purchased Stanley Clarkes new album. Ronald is all over it and it is absolutely brilliant. I played it in my car on the way to work this morning and I didn't want to get out of the car when I'd parked up!! I am blown away by Bruner's playing.. top stuff.

I'm getting the Mod Drummer Fest 06 DVD for Xmas from my wife, can't wait to see him playing on that.

What do you guys think of his playing?

Cheers

Big T

what I love about him is seeing a drummer constantly pushing his limits hard. He's always dancin on the edge, if you known what I mean........

what I love about him is seeing a drummer constantly pushing his limits hard. He's always dancin on the edge, if you known what I mean........

Nice way to describe his playing Aydee. I'm a big fan of the textures he creates and I like his drum sound as well. His performance on a track of Scott Kinsey's "Kinesthetics" is definitely worth checking out.

spleen

Nice way to describe his playing Aydee. I'm a big fan of the textures he creates and I like his drum sound as well. His performance on a track of Scott Kinsey's "Kinesthetics" is definitely worth checking out.

spleen

i love that album, spleen! thought it was all covington ?

Aydee, I'm with you on the pushing the limits thing. Much like Tony Williams, not that I'm comparing them. I hate complaring people... he is his own drummer. But, when you watch Tony his approach seems quite similar. I suppose it's a frame of mind and confidence. I am trying to do the same.. it's funny, I often get funny looks from the rest of the band when pull something bizarre out of the hat!

Big T

I understand what you're saying.

Tony had a way of seeing the space between bars that was really unique.

So does Bruner. Not in the same way, of course. As you said, they are two very different drummers.

"I'm getting the Mod Drummer Fest 06 DVD for Xmas from my wife, can't wait to see him playing on that."

What happened to the surprise of Christmas morning these days? all of my relatives have called me and told me what I'm getting for Christmas.....

Bruner has some wicked chops.

Aydee, I'm with you on the pushing the limits thing. Much like Tony Williams, not that I'm comparing them. I hate complaring people... he is his own drummer. But, when you watch Tony his approach seems quite similar. I suppose it's a frame of mind and confidence. I am trying to do the same.. it's funny, I often get funny looks from the rest of the band when pull something bizarre out of the hat!

Big T

You can definitely compare them. Only because how he plays has so much to do with how tony played. If you go back and listen it's ALL tony.

I read an interview with him, he's a real character, he got the gig with Stanley Clarke by just waiting around at their soundchecks and then hoppin' behind the kit and goin crazy, as for his playin, i dont think ive seen faster hands in a loooonnng time lol

_Darren_

Back