syncing up music with video on a mac?

Nick G.

i guess my best video editing software is iMovie, my issue is how to sync the recorded audio up with the video ? i also have logic pro which i think you can edit video somewhat in ?

i found some software that can do it but its also £100, worked pretty well on the trial version though :) but id rather not have to spend anymore.

any tips/tricks ?

would really like to start putting up covers/originals but i'd rather have a decent/slightly more professional look (that being said, the video will probably be done using my iphone haha)

cheers!

Nick

All I use is iMovie as well. And I basically load-in the audio file, and then hand-sync it to the video. Never had any problems.

I will warn you that uploading to YouTube after doing your project in iMovie requires different settings that YouTube has spelled out in a FAQ. Definitely look that up because once you set this up right, every video you upload will be nice and clear.

I use VideoPad Video editing software (freeware version) from NCH software. I do two measures of stick click quarter notes @ 100bpm way up high in front of the camera after I start recording video and audio which makes it very easy to sync the audio with the video manually, then start the music, and chop the beginning out after its synced.

Easy peasy! Although I wish I could find video recording software that would just allow me to record all at once so I can skip the cubase step.

Back