David Huff

SimSalaBim

I don't think many guys here know this cat but he was big some time back with the band Giant. And he is supposed to be one of those pros you would want to have in the studio laying the drum tracks for you. His brother is also very common name on various pop rock records. I like his stuff from Giant. Good sound and tasteful pro drumming. Maybe someone has any more data or some thoughts about him.

Sim

Re: David Huff!

Giant was formed by top studio guys back in 1989. They released 3 albums, the last one in recent years made of unreleased tracks from "Last Of The Runaways" (1990) and "Time To Burn" (1992).

Dann Huff (gt/voc) was one of the top L.A. studio guys until the mid-90's where he moved back to Nashville where he originally comes from. He has been a top producer in Nashville ever since.

Mike Bringandello (bass) is a top studio guy in Nashville and be found on counteless country/country rock records.

Alan Pasqua (keys) was also a top studio guy in L.A. He now teaches and tour with his own projects.

David Huff is, unless I am mistaken, involved in Christian music around Nashville. He produces and programms. His list of credits on allmusic.com is rather short and does not mention the first two Giant records which is surprising as this is probably is major claim to some sort of fame.

Re: David Huff!

Yes, David Huff is great. He playes the giant stuff with so much feeling but also he calls an individual style his own. I like the way he playes, not too overrated.

P.S. I hope you´ll get along with my english;-)

6 years later here are my 2 cents :D
I saw or read an interview where he said he was influenced by Bernard Purdie.
He has a great feel, plays whats right for the song and that's why I like his playing so much on Giant records.
I think he used Tama Artstar II on 'Last of the runaways' and Pearl on 'Time to burn'.

Back