Strange drum sticks I've never seen before, what is it?

Got these along with a snare I recently bought.
I have never seen these before, and I don't know what they are used for.
They are vic firth.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 872
  • photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 850
Well, Im sure you will take enough flac from others, so ill save it for them....but those are brushes. Push the triangle down, and the brush will magically appear!

thats the brush handle.....push it toward the other end of the stick and the brushes will appear from the slotted end.

F

573d4894-5a46-400e-b29f-26e6a96d856e.jpg

Ooops. Ive seen brushes before, like on youtube, but ive never seen the retractable ones. now i feel silly bc i thought the metal side was supposed to hit the drum head.

thanks for the responses guys! its good to know that its a good score to come free with my snare. maybe ill go learn how to use them.

The 17" peppermill makes a slick Clave, get two for the discount. ;)

Yes, Thank you. I was in this little restaurant cafe called Le Gourmet in Columbia SC and looked over at the register at Vic Firth Pepper Grinders......

Really? Not that I mind them branching out but my question is..... Why???

Yes, Thank you. I was in this little restaurant cafe called Le Gourmet in Columbia SC and looked over at the register at Vic Firth Pepper Grinders......

Really? Not that I mind them branching out but my question is..... Why???

Again, why? What was the connection for a drumstick maker to branch out into Salt and Pepper shakers?

From their web site:

"Why Vic Firth Gourmet?

All of our wood pepper mills, salt mills and rolling pins are hand crafted in Newport, Maine from the finest solid maple and cherry.

All Vic Firth Gourmet products come with a lifetime guarantee.

Whenever possible, we purchase our wood from FSC certified suppliers and encourage our entire base of suppliers to participate in this valuable program.

We use all of the sawdust and scrap wood we generate as fuel to heat our factory.
Pepper mills feature our “Lock & Grind” grinding system for the widest range of grinds available and perfect results every time.

Pepper mills are fitted with a stainless steel 2-step mechanism which first crushes the peppercorns for enhanced flavor, then grinds the peppercorns to the chosen consistency.
Salt mills feature an adjustable nylon crushing system.

All mills have a pop-out mechanism for easy cleaning.
Free funnel included with each mill for refilling without spilling.

Thoughtfully Designed. Meticulously Crafted. Guaranteed for Life."

Again, why? What was the connection for a drumstick maker to branch out into Salt and Pepper shakers?

To make more money! They have already invested a few hundred thousand dollars (that's a guess) in lathes, sanders etc to make drumsticks. Since they already have the machinery, they can use it to make other lathed products, and make a crapload more money without much additional investment, since they already have the gear, people, and knowledge to do it. It's just business. I doubt Vic Firth himself ever aspired to be a pepper mill tycoon.

Your supposed to put pepper in those?
I got a pair of Vic's pepper mills for Christmas and I have been using them for Rock gigs.
I was wondering what all of that black stuff that made me sneeze was that was coming out of the big wide hollow sticks.
Whoops!!!

A drummer not knowing what brushes are?

This is a very sad day indeed.

The whackiest thing about it is that he didn't figure out that the brushes poped out of the tube.
That frightens me. :)

It frightens me, too.

Before I even really knew what brushes were or how to use them, I'd figured out that you have to push the end. Maybe it's just my fixation on everything being overtly sexual? Or maybe I have the gift of sight.

To make more money! They have already invested a few hundred thousand dollars (that's a guess) in lathes, sanders etc to make drumsticks. Since they already have the machinery, they can use it to make other lathed products, and make a crapload more money without much additional investment, since they already have the gear, people, and knowledge to do it. It's just business. I doubt Vic Firth himself ever aspired to be a pepper mill tycoon.

Well actually Vic Firth himself never aspired to be a drum stick maker either.

Here are the "Brushes" my friend...Widely opened as a Chinese hand-fan! Please don't use it as a fan. :) ...Who invented the brushes never liked the drumsticks.

Attachments

• Brushes.jpg
    Brushes.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 889
Back