My ddrum Setup

cadwiz

Hey All,

Here are some pics of my ddrum Ash Dorian taken before a gig. I am extremely happy with the quailty, finsh, and sound that ddrum produces.

Specs
24x20 BD
13x8 MT
14x14 FT
16x14 FT
14x7 SN

DSCN0426-1.jpg

DSCN0429-1.jpg

DSCN0433-1.jpg

That's an awesome finish, I love red kits. And the throne was the last thing my eye saw in the picture, and it PERFECTLY complements the kit, aesthetically.

Wow. I don't care what anyone says. they make some beautiful drums.

Great looking kit! What heads are you using on the toms? I can tell they're EC2's, but I haven't seen that type of coating before.

Thanks all for the complements. DDrum makes amazing drums for a great price.

Yes the heads are Evans EC2 "Coated". They use this cool semi transparent finish coating. Unlike Remo's coated heads which are opaque white.

Man that looks nice, I love what DW do with there hardware, you have that set up great.......got the 9000 DW double pedal and hi-hat stand myself.......awesome

Yeah when it comes to hardware, it's hard to beat DW. I used their 5000 series for years and never had any problems.

Wow man, that thing is beautiful. Nice cymbals too. I like the Zildjian A China High - or at least, I like how it sounded on a Bullet for my Valentine record.

Nice nice nice!! Beautiful drums and nice choice in cymbals. Thanks to those stands you've got a nice clean setup. I'd love to gig with a kit like this.

Super clean setup that looks super easy and fun to play. The finish, the layout, the reso head, the economy of the hardware, are all spectacular and there's a fan, too. There is obvious care given to every aspect of this kit. Good work.

Hey, wait. It seems a rogue Sabian has infiltrated your setup!!! Explain yourself soldier! (in other words, cymbal specs - not that A Custom isn't obvious, but still...)

Just gotta love natural finish kits, stunning and looks like a great setup. Nice, tight and level...minimize the movement around the kit!

How do you like the Evans EC2 Coated heads? I've got them on my Yamaha Oak Customs, still deciding if I like them or not...

Hope you enjoy many long years of using this kit!

Congrats.

Great looking kit. I would change out those heads to Emp’s or G2’s and let those babies sing. Believe me you won’t be disappointed.

Hey Cadwiz, welcome to the forum and thank you for showing us your gorgeous kit...very nice and clean set up! Thanks again

Thanks everyone for the comments and the warm welcome!

In reponse to your comments...

Gigs and touring are the main reasons why I bought this kit. The band was getting to a point where we were playing 3-4 gigs a month. I was really getting tired of the setup/tear down (& transport) routine that comes with every gig. The ddrum ash dorian with the dw multi stands really helped in maintaining a big sound with a simplified setup. Now all my hardware fits in one gig bag.

Yes that is a rogue sabian lol. It's a 14" hhx evolution. I was looking for a fast china sound that would work well with my existing (all A custom) cymbal setup. I looked (& listened) online and found a zildjian solution but none of the local drum shops had it available. I don't like to order cymbals without actually playing & listening to them first. So I was turned onto the sabian by a friend who works at my local GC. Once I played it, I was sold. I don't know about you guy (& ladies) but I have a difficult time shopping for cymbals. You may have an idea of what you’re looking for but you’re at the mercy of what the shops have in stock. I wish I could go to the manufacturer (like the big boys) and try out ALL the models before you decide.

I agree, drums should "sing". I'm not a fan of drum muting but I am a fan of control. My kit serves a dual purpose. I use it for live gigs and recording. This is why I went with ec2's. I do sacrifice some "singing" but I have much more control for recording.

Back