Roland Modules (TD-3 TD-4) - which one to buy?

ulscnkrdmn

Hello,
Again with you :D Researched and decide on Roland. I have few money. Want to buy td-4 or td-3 kw. Which module is good? How many more cymbal can I add? Please tell me ''+'' and ''-'' for the modules. Thank you for your help.

EDİT: I have bad english. Please answer me easy.

Re: Roland Modules ( TD-3 TD-4)

Hi there,

I don't own the TD3 so I can't help you there, but I do own the TD4 and I think it's a great little module for the price.

As far as I know the TD4 allows:
1 bass drum
1 hi-hat control pedal
3 toms
1 snare drum (with 2 zone triggering - so the head and rim trigger different sounds)
1 dual zone hi-hat pad
1 dual zone crash cymbal pad
1 triple zone ride cymbal pad (OR 1 dual zone AND 1 single zone instead)

I hope this helps!

The td4 and td3 are basically the same. Td4 is newer.

Are you getting the kit complete with pads or just the module. If you are getting either kit, you can add one more cymbal/tom.

I had a TD-3 and it's good to start with. I don't think there's much difference between the two. The TD-4 only has 11 more sounds. But the TD-4 did replace the TD-3. It also depends how much you want to spend. If you want to spend more and get the TD-4 with all mesh pads, then that will be nicer than the TD-3. But if you're not wanting to spend that much and are just planning on getting rubber pads for the toms, I think you'd be fine with a TD-3.

Last edited:
Go for the newer TD-4. Technology improves all the time!

- Reggae Mangle

Back