Slipknot concert

metal overlord

Gold Member
Ok, well, I just spent the rest of my chirstmas my money to buy Slipknot (with Trivium and Coheed & Cambria) tickets. Now I love Slipknot and Trivium, but was it worth it? I don't want to be with a bunch of angry preteen emo kids. Where they good live? Has anyone even seen em yet?

I'm kinda debating whether this was such a good idea. I have a group of friends with me but..still.

Slipknot is great live, I hope your up for it. Are you on the floor or in the seats? If your on the floor get ready for a hellish experience. If your not used to pits I suggest you put your back up against a wall and try to enjoy the show.

Slipknot is great live, I hope your up for it. Are you on the floor or in the seats? If your on the floor get ready for a hellish experience. If your not used to pits I suggest you put your back up against a wall and try to enjoy the show.

Dude...I'm going to mosh it up. I've survived Lamb of Gods wall of death so whis should be good.

It should be a good show. If they were coming to Maine I would go. However, I would probably leave before Slipknot took the stage (getting home early would be a bonus).

I don't really like them anymore, but I saw Slipknot at the height of the nu-metal craze (99 I think?). They were terrible live. Joey played everything way too fast, the rest of the band couldn't stay in time, and Corey was literally always out of breath after the first song. They may have improved since then, but I think the whole mask/ costume/4-members-in-the-band-who-don't-contribute-anything-musically is pretty stupid.

I like Trivium, never seen them live but the clips I've seen they're OK (even though Heafy cares too much about his voice to do screaming parts anymore--he makes Corey do them).

Now, I'm a HUGE Coheed fan. I would be going just to see them really. I've never seen them, but in the clips I've seen they sound phenomenal. Not a metal band per se, but they have really obvious classic metal influences (Maiden) and they just write awesome music. For some reason they get lumped in with sh*t emo bands, but in my opinion they pick up where Rush left off.

i saw Slipknot with machine head and Children of bodom on the 5th of dec. it was a great performance. only problem with slipknot was they didnt play wait and bleed :(

Hmm tha'ts interesting that they didn't play wait and bleed.

So, i'm getting mixed reviews. I cannot stand C&C, I tried but holy hell did my brain fry or what. Their singer really needs to grow a pair.

Last edited:
both are good live..

well, ive never been to a concert, but, going off youtube, both are very good live..

have fun man...like zam said, get in the pit..

Alex

OH. MY. GOD.

You've never been. I've been to countless shows. Hundreds of shows/music festivals!

Last night I just saw dance gavin dance, attack attack, and a skylit drive. The venue SUCKED. Horrible sound system. POS stage. Overall, awesome though. The pits were crazy! I saw August burns red a while ago and they put on such a great show! It was intense!

This dude punched me in the nose. hxc dancers are lame as.

It should be a good show. If they were coming to Maine I would go. However, I would probably leave before Slipknot took the stage (getting home early would be a bonus).

I don't really like them anymore, but I saw Slipknot at the height of the nu-metal craze (99 I think?). They were terrible live. Joey played everything way too fast, the rest of the band couldn't stay in time, and Corey was literally always out of breath after the first song. They may have improved since then, but I think the whole mask/ costume/4-members-in-the-band-who-don't-contribute-anything-musically is pretty stupid.

I like Trivium, never seen them live but the clips I've seen they're OK (even though Heafy cares too much about his voice to do screaming parts anymore--he makes Corey do them).

Now, I'm a HUGE Coheed fan. I would be going just to see them really. I've never seen them, but in the clips I've seen they sound phenomenal. Not a metal band per se, but they have really obvious classic metal influences (Maiden) and they just write awesome music. For some reason they get lumped in with sh*t emo bands, but in my opinion they pick up where Rush left off.

C&C are great! I've never seen them though :(

Woah
why was this resurrected?

Concert was like 3 months ago
great stuff
Coheed was terrible
no enthusiasm, really boring. People were chanting "slipknot" and the big haired dude was all loike "yeah they'll be on soon don't worry"

I can honestly say that was one of my favorite concerts, Slipknot juust just... perfect. I don't know if Drumnoob just saw a bad show or what, but this one ruled. The power and energy was amazing. And the so-called "4 members who don't contribute" is bull. Shawn writes alot of the lyrics, Craig & Sid do alot with the odd sounds and noises, and Chris does backing vocals along with Shawn.

Woah
why was this resurrected?

Concert was like 3 months ago
great stuff
Coheed was terrible
no enthusiasm, really boring. People were chanting "slipknot" and the big haired dude was all loike "yeah they'll be on soon don't worry"

I can honestly say that was one of my favorite concerts, Slipknot juust just... perfect. I don't know if Drumnoob just saw a bad show or what, but this one ruled. The power and energy was amazing. And the so-called "4 members who don't contribute" is bull. Shawn writes alot of the lyrics, Craig & Sid do alot with the odd sounds and noises, and Chris does backing vocals along with Shawn.

I just HAD to ask why bonjangleman had never been to a show :p
And it was right after easter so I couldn't resist.

Glad you had fun seeing Slipknot, but they aren't my cup

Back