Need some help picking a double bass pedal

madasahatter

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some help on getting a double bass pedal. Here's my situation; Due to space reasons I recently downgraded my double bass kit to a single bass drum. I will eventually go back to 2 bass drums but I want to get a double bass pedal to hold me over til then. I was using Iron Cobra powerglides but the double bass version of them are well out of my price range. My budget is in the $150-$175range. If i could spend less on a decent one that would be great. I'm looking at maybe a DW 2002 or iron cobra jr's or 200 series. I need some suggestions on something that is adequate and will hold me over for a while until i get my full kit set back up.

I did see a Custom Classic DP500 for $70 on ebay but can't find any info on it
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111011899402?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
They look good and pretty sturdy or is this a case of looks being deceiving and you get what you pay for?

Thanks ofr any help.

You can usually find DW 5002s for around $150 used, at least in my experience. And if you don't have both of your Tama pedals still, you can break them apart into two separate pedals for two kick drums.

Back