Roland V-drums settings (td9kx2)

dazzlez

Hi!
I wonder what kind of adjustment I should do to my roland td9kx2 in order to make it as realistic and acoustic to play as possible?

I got the tip to loose the head on the floor tom from a video but I need more tips!

First things first, what kind of pads are you using? PD-85's? If so, tighten them nice any tight. This will help with hot spotting.

Secondly, adjust the trigger settings on the module to work best with your playing style. I put together a tutorial on the Vdrums forum about tuning a TD-30, but a lot of what I have in there applies to all modules. Take a look at it and follow along as best as you can with your module. Here is the link:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/a...ing-trigger-setup-initial-settings-discussion

After that, just make sure you set the kit up how you would set up an acoustic kit. Make it feel comfortable and play it exactly like you would an acoustic kit. Don't be afraid to hit the pads. They are made to take the abuse.

First things first, what kind of pads are you using? PD-85's? If so, tighten them nice any tight. This will help with hot spotting.

Secondly, adjust the trigger settings on the module to work best with your playing style. I put together a tutorial on the Vdrums forum about tuning a TD-30, but a lot of what I have in there applies to all modules. Take a look at it and follow along as best as you can with your module. Here is the link:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/a...ing-trigger-setup-initial-settings-discussion

After that, just make sure you set the kit up how you would set up an acoustic kit. Make it feel comfortable and play it exactly like you would an acoustic kit. Don't be afraid to hit the pads. They are made to take the abuse.

cheers! Looks like a great guide!

I wonder what kind of adjustment I should do to my roland td9kx2 in order to make it as realistic and acoustic to play as possible?
Trade in the Roland pads (I assume that's what you're using) and do an A2E conversion?
In terms of realistic sounds- get Superior Drummer/ VEX, VST's, etc

Back