a good interface?

Dipschmidt

I'm looking for a good interface that has XLR connectors so I can start recording some drums. Under $500 would be great, also, any mic recomendations? I'm looking for 2 tom mics, 1 to put between my two rack toms, and one to put between my two floor toms, a snare, 2 condensers, and a kick. thanks

TASCAM FW-1082 it's 499.00 at M Friend. You didn't say what type of interface you wanted so I assume a digital. This one has firewire, I wouldn't go USB if I were you. Although I have no idea what you are recording with. Mac PC? I hope you didn't mean 500 for all of it. As far as mics go, the sky is the limit. You need to be way more specific on price. I would start with Shure and go up. CAD makes cheap kits but they sound like garbage. What are the condenser mics for? If just for overhead and if you are trying to keep it inexpensive just use SM57's in their place. There are no cheap condenser mics worth their salt. I have tried many and always go back to my rode. It was 600 by itself. And if you meant 500 for all of it I suggest you just go to a studio.

There are many with 8 inputs so chances are that'll be the ticket. I have a pre-sonus that I haven't used yet, but it's come highly recommended from guys in the know. Hopefully soon my studio will be done and I can hook it up.

Back