FEMALE drummer!! A Mosquito at Night

Anon La Ply

Diamond Member
Yep, still female, still drumming!

Aaanyway, dodgy marketing aside, here's another atmosphere piece. It started out just noodling with harmonies, harmonics and dissonance and then I noticed this annoying little tone in there, and the theme of the tune suddenly became clear :) Couldn't resist using one of my old cartoons to set the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzUek0DS44. As usual, it sounds best loud.

PS. If anyone knows if there's an easier way of cleaning pops and crackles in Audacity, than the Repair tool I'd be grateful. By the time I zoom in enough to use the tool I can never find the exact crackle spot.

While not my musical preference, I thought it was very well done. I enjoyed the drum part and felt that your mosquito inspriation was quite well represented. I love your creativeness and I am glad you are still female and still drumming :)

I really like what's happening around 2:21'ish where the beat comes in. Sounds like some kind of dissonant acid jazz.
You have inspired me to crank out some ambient and electronic stuff again.

Yep, still female, still drumming!

... and still winning, I liked it, and like Mary and Andy, I love the drumming at the end :)

As for the cartoon at the beginning... geez, only one solution in my book

tapette-a-mouche-manche-fil-acier.jpg

... if you mess up my sleep time, it's entirely at your own risks :)

...but why announce 'female drummer' does that actually have any relevance?

That's an interesting question, can you actually hear or see a difference between a male or female cockroach's drumming?

Attachments

• Female Cockroach Drummer.jpg
    Female Cockroach Drummer.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 319
Yeah liked the piece, had a Terje Rypdal vibe to it, but why announce 'female drummer' does that actually have any relevance?

Come on, you KNOW any vid or post that announces a FEMALE drummer automatically gets 342.6 times as many views, right? It is a proven statistic.

All good humor from our friend Anon La Ply...

Yep, sex sells (as do exclamation marks!!). Love the sheltered workshop semantic too ... "she plays okay - for a woman - bravely overcoming her oestrogen disability :)

Outstanding cockroach pic, Henri.

Cool link, Britt - that was a trip. At the moment I enjoy keeping everything acoustic with percussion and household items - only the start of the Australian one has a keyboard - but no doubt at some point I'll start hitting barriers and have to get a sampler.

Interested to know, did anyone else hear this sequence of events in the music?

1. peacefully sleeping
2. gradual irritation of mozzie that builds and builds until ...
3. you turn the light on and go hunting (I prefer sandals to sprays)
4. success
5. settles back down

Back